MOTM for June 2017 Sugaree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for June 2017 Sugaree

​ What is nice about this site, is that there is always someone new and deserving to be honored as our next MOTM. This month is no exception. We are honoring one of our newer members this time. Please give your regards to Marshall, known here as Sugaree! Thank you for your contributions Marshall.

Hello everyone and thank you for choosing me as MOTM! It's quite humbling considering how many great members we have on this incredible forum.

I've always loved the out doors and history. Prehistory and archaeology are a newer love of mine. I've come to realize that starting a new hobby later in life has really been an awesome thing and has introduced me to so many great people. I was hooked after finding my first point and remember being stunned after finding out its age. It really showed me that we are here on earth for such a short time and need to do our best to preserve and keep this country beautiful for future generations.

I grew up in Charlotte, NC and currently live in the NC mountains. My love of plants and especially vegetable gardening led me to my job at an independent garden center.

I am married to a beautiful and loving wife and have a four year old little boy. I started taking our little boy along with me on my walks and hope that he continues to love the great outdoors and history as much as I do.

Thank you to everyone on this site for sharing your finds and knowledge. I am always amazed by the willingness of our members to help contribute to our knowledge and passion of history and prehistory. Y'all rock!

Marshall

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1580.JPG Views:	1 Size:	55.5 KB ID:	251422

Last edited by SDhunter; 06-30-2017, 11:07 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Marshall! Your love of artifacts shows, always enjoy your posts and participation.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Thanks for being apart of this forum Marshall! It was a pleasure meeting you. Well deserved.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chase!

Congrats Marshall!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Congats on motm Marshall. Its always neat to see the face behind the posts. You have a beautiful family there my friend...again congratulations...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

Hey, Marshall, congrats! I always enjoy reading your posts. It's especially nice seeing finds from my neighbor to the south. Happy hunting!
    Deb
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks neighbor always look foward to your posts!

Hey Marshall, Congrats MOTM. I always enjoy reading your posts. You have a beautiful family and it's great that you are sharing your time and hobby with your young son.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron!

Congrats Marshall. It is nice to see a face with a name. Great family picture!

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks p kurt!

Congratulations Marshal thank you for all of your contributions to our forum.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      THANK YOU Hoss!!

Congratulations Marshall! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for all your contributions here on the forum, we all enjoy seeing your finds! I also have a 4 year old son and I can't wait to get him out more and hopefully he enjoys this hobby as much as me so someday he knows what all these rocks Im leaving him are lol.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Your help has been greatly appreciated!

Hi Marshall. Just wish to add my congratulations. I'm glad you joined our group. There are lots of resources on line, both here and elsewhere to learn about Native American prehistory. The "pointy rock" collecting is only one aspect of our learning process. There is so much more to learn as we try to understand those people who preceded us on this continent.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks we are so lucky to have you here. Lately the contact period has been my focus. The Juan Pardo expedition, the Yamasee War, the Catawba coalescence, oh so much to learn. Thanks for all your help!

A hearty congratulations Marshall, well deserved. I too enjoy your posts and look forward to your continued participation on our site. It's a wonderful and addicting hobby, but fulfilling also.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Chuck! One of my favorite things about this site is when you take us on a walkabout! Also think it is cool that we might be finding artifacts from the same lithic source!

Congrats Marshall. One thing I truly enjoy about the hobby is the exercise. Great way to get a mental and physical workout. Best of luck out there!
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Our 98 degree summer days definitely tests me mentally and physically!
Working...
X