MOTM For Oct 2017 Jethro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM For Oct 2017 Jethro

Click image for larger version  Name:	image1.JPG Views:	1 Size:	63.7 KB ID:	266828
    Like I said, these months are flying by so fast, I lost track of time, and am a little late introducing our newest MOTM. I'm sure most would agree, that we appreciate the participation this member gives this site. He is considered a valuable member. I'm very happy to introduce Jason Young, known here as Jethro as October's MOTM!

Where to start...wow...first, a thank you to everyone who contributes here. This is my favorite online community, and for many of you I think it is also. It certainly shows.

My real name is Jason Young. I got the "jethro" nickname from my Mom during my childhood and it stems my insane ability to eat entire boxes of cereal at a single setting.
    I'm now 49 years old, but in my head I'm still about 15. I live on a small "farm" west of Little Rock, Arkansas and have for the past 25 years. I was born a middle child in Helena, Arkansas, to wonderful parents. My father was the mail man(literally) and a part time farmer. My Mom was just Mom until us kids all started school, then she became the Postmaster in the small town of Lexa, where she was also my Dad's boss at work AND at home.

I grew up barefoot most of the time, running the dirt fields of my family's farm. My Grandpa had settled there in the early 1900's, buying a foreclosed plantation of a former civil war officer, and raising 5 kids there. His sons were mostly ambitious, taking his meager start of 400 acres to somewhere north of 30,000 now. Needless to say, I have access to fields for days.😁. The area is rich in (pre) history, and finding arrowheads started for me at a very young age. They were commonplace finds, and collecting them came naturally to me, but so did fastening them to sticks and playing "cowboys and Indians". I was probably ten before I quit that. I started rebuilding my collection that was lost when my Parent's home burned three years ago, and since I don't buy points(at least not yet) it's taking a while. I had an awful lot back then.πŸ˜”

I have a wonderful daughter who is 19 and a sophomore in college, in pursuit of an art degree. I've tried to talk her out of it, but she is stubborn . I have no idea where she gets that from. My bride of 25 years works for the University, and she is my eternal partner in crime. I have hobbies that she doesn't enjoy(the hunting and fishing) but we both love to travel and see things we have never seen. She loves the beach, and subsequently, because it makes her happy, I do too. I am a thin air/ snow capped peaks/what's over that next mountain kind of guy, and so she lets me have that as often as she can stand the cold...

I work for Union Pacific Railroad as an Electrician, but most of what I do has very little to do with electricity. I do R&D on equipment, and I love my job, though my work doesn't define me like a lot of my friends. Most of them will tell you I was born two hundred years too late.

Jimmy Buffett's "a pirate looks at forty" is my favorite song, but my musical tastes vary wildly, from Chris Stapleton and Zac Brown Band to Led Zeppelin to Waylon Jenningsto Bob Wills....I'm all over the place...just like when I'm hunting for artifacts.

Again, thanks everyone for this huge honor. I will use the free parking spot wisely, and the reduction in monthly dues is greatly appreciated!!!
    Last edited by SDhunter; 11-01-2017, 05:12 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Jethro, well deserved.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      That means a lot coming from you. Thank you, good sir!

Congrats Jason !!! And we r not to far apart at all so if we ever cross paths we will have to work on rebuilding that collection :-)
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to that. We will have to do some leg work after deer season goes out!

Hey Jason, Thanks for all you add to this forum. Congrats on being selected MOTM. I love your story and didn't realize you are a stand-up-comedian: " I will use the free parking spot wisely, and the reduction in monthly dues is greatly appreciated!!!"
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      You know Ron, when I was younger I was picked on a lot because I was big, but real quiet, and so I used humor as a defense mechanism. It served me well, and I honed my skills as best I could. Laughing people are usually more approachable, as you know, and I like happy people. 😁

Hey Jethro, anyone who works for the railroad is alright by me! I've enjoyed your postings & enthusiasm that helps pump new blood into our forum. Well deserved MOTM!
    -- Deb
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Deb. :-). Us children of the tides..we gotta stick together.

Congratulations on this well deserved honor Jason! Thanks for your contributions to our forum. I enjoy reading your post and your sense of humor is refreshing. Nice job on the profile, and you dropped Zepplin in there so you must be an alright guy! Glad you are here!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      ThanksπŸ‘

Jason, I have enjoyed reading your posts and your replies. Not only to my posts but to everyone who posts on the forum. The MOTM honor is well deserved my friend. Use that parking space wisely or the monthly fee doubles.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      😳. Doubles?

πŸ˜„Thanks, Bruce.

Congratulations I see a member that deserves this!
    Thank you for your participation, and us as a forum are better for it.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Chase,! I appreciate this place for what it is, and most here do as well. Y'all run a first rate outfit here and I'm proud to be a member.
      Last edited by Jethro355; 10-02-2017, 09:04 PM. Reason: Fat fingers and auto correct😜

Congratulations Jason well deserved!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I appreciate it. :πŸ‘

Congratulations Jason. Thanks for sharing your the side of you we don't get to see and know here.
    Well deserved.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      You are welcome! Thanks!

Thanks you sir!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Congrats Jason. This is well deserved. And, as others have stated your input is always respected.

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks you. I'm grinning like a possum over here. :-)

Congratulations Jason!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Tom!

Oh my goodnesszzzz I am so excited . With your Mother of all that is holly comments . You are one of my favorites !!!
      I just get a kick out of your humor and respect all your knowledge Jethro ...
      congrats ... yep give me the snow
      ps love your growing up story you were blessed with a great family and surrounding .

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Tam... I have a defect that causes whatever comes into my mind to also come out of my mouth...and I post just like that. :-)

As soon as it’s over I have some awesome spots
      As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
      NW Arkansas

Comment

• Jethro355
        Jethro355 commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. I have a few I've been checking out from the air and wanting to walk. We will have to get together.
    Working...
    X