No announcement yet.

MOTM For Oct 2017 Jethro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jason. Congratulations to you and an honor well deserved. Glad to know your non-Avatar real name. I always enjoy your post and positive contributions. And by the way my mom was born in your neck of the woods. She was born in Elaine in 1917.
    Last edited by sailorjoe; 10-02-2017, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      I knew I liked you for a reason...do you have webbed feet?? So she was born in the same year as the Elaine Racial Uprising...or whatever the political correctness word is. I have so many friends from down that way, may have dated a girl or two from there back in the olden times. Those white river bottoms are some of North America's most unspoiled lands, and allegedly covered in native sites.

*cool story bro moment ahead warning**. I Drove former president Clinton around in the bed of my pickup truck( he was in a rocking chair) during the Elaine Christmas Parade in 1985 or 86...

Congratulations, Jason!
    Rhode Island

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Congrats Jason, Great Bio!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh! I appreciate it.

Hey Jason - Congrats on MOTM. I've always enjoyed reading your posts. My Mom was born in Stamps and I've got an Uncle that still lives around there somewhere.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Holy cow!!! Nobody knows where Stamps is...but as you may know, about a hundred years ago, that was one of the richest and fastest growing areas in North America. When they discovered oil down there they just pumped it out into ponds on top of the ground, and people made a living skimming it off the surface of the rivers and streams when they would overflow after a rain.

That is so cool...another Arkansas connection!!

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Interesting that. I did notice when we were driving through that area and into Texas there were lots of oil fields pumping and in some cases sitting idle. Wonder if my Mom ever heard about that. My Granpa and his 13 kids were cotton pickers back in the day and I guess also did general farm work to stay employed during the off season. Was a hard life. Thanks for that tidbit, Jason.

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      That entire area...from Eldorado over to north of Tulsa, back down to somewhere around Austin...it's a huge oil field. Murphy Oil is based out of Eldorado. You are old enough to remember a company called ESSO? They used to own the mineral rights to half the country down there. That's one reason Rockefeller moved to arkansas and brought his family here....to be closer to his "interests"...And to raise his kids in a beautiful, unspoiled place....which is ironic, because he did a lot of spoiling in the areas where he didn't live...

Congrats man. I consider myself an "under 40 victim of fate" also....just the Jack Johnson version. Guess he's my generations Buffett. I really like your musical tastes. I often go on journeys deep in the pits of YouTube looking for acoustic covers of songs I like.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      I more often than not find them by accident or have them sent to me by friends, but I love them just the same. I have family in the music industry and also grew up around some actual music legends, so my appreciation runs deeeep, though I am as musically talented as a half drowned barn cat.

Well about time you had this honor bestowed upon you.
    Just a reminder though you need your own man cave for all the stuff you will be gathering in the years to come.

If we are mentioning our favorite musicians my generation would have to include George Jones, I could throw in a little Merle Haggard as well.
    It is a "Rock" when it's on the ground.
    It is a "Specimen" when picked up and taken home.

ā€‹Jessy B.
    Circa:1982

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      You sir, have impeccable taste in music. Oleā€™ Possum is as good as it gets, and I may have pledged allegiance to The Hag a time or two.

Iā€™m actually working on my man cave, but itā€™s going to be a loft. The circular staircase is giving me fits...I will post pics when Iā€™m done.

Congratulations on a well deserved honor!!!

I enjoy reading your post and that was a great bio.

von

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Von, I appreciate it. šŸ‘

Solid member of the forum, I'm always glad to see your posts. Congrats!!

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, sir. Every time I see your name on a post, I read it as Megatron. My daughter is a huge transformers fan....

• -=METACOM=-
      -=METACOM=- commented
      Editing a comment
      Ha! Who doesn't love transformers??

Congrats Jason!! Very well deserved!! And I'm a HUGE fan of Ark. Love the Ozarks!!
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. šŸ‘. Of all the wonderful things I love about Arkansas...the Ozarks is waaaay up there. Anybody who loves them is alright in my book...

Congrats jethro, I really enjoyed reading about ya.

Comment

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Is your name Jethro or Jason? Either way, congrats again!!

• Jethro355
      Jethro355 commented
      Editing a comment
      My given name is Jason, but I answer to Jethro, Jehue...almost anything with a ā€œJā€...
Working...
X