MOTM for Feb 2018. Tam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Feb 2018. Tam

Click image for larger version  Name:	F0ACA1B8-0CE3-4E9F-A3A7-E4012211A425.png Views:	1 Size:	347.5 KB ID:	283109

With the weather we are having right now in SD, I thought maybe I should go and present this honor in person! I may not have come back though, but all that aside, I’m very excited to announce our next honoree. She has been a very positive influence on our small community and we are very happy to have her! Please welcome Tamara, known as Tam, as our MOTM!

First off I am humbled and excited to be chosen for the MOTM .
    I am still learning taking leaps and bonds with books and links to be part of this wonderful site .
    It’s so nice to share your hobbies and enthusiasm for life with a group of people that have your same interests . I am so happy I found this site !
    My real name is Tamara and
    I was born in S. Cal near Malibu canyon in Cal .My Father and brother raised me and I couldn’t have asked for more . They were the ones that molded me for all the sports and adventures I participate in .
    Dad was an Airline Captain for TWA so I was very fortunate to have traveled from East Africa to Hong Kong .
    My brother my best friend in life spent summers with me in Ludington Mich where I found my first arrowheads .
    That was back in the 50’s .my Aunts fishing camp . Keeping the bait boxes full and fishing and boating ..a kids dream .
    Wayne my husband now for 28 years is my partner in hunting now . Living in Hawaii for work although I retired last August after 44 years of work in retail management .
    We have some property in S Georgia where we plan to retire . Deer hunting in fall and artifact hunting the rest of the time I hope to still ski in the winters with the Grand kids .
    Everyone knows my favorite saying is nature entertains you . I can’t wait till I can make this hobby full time .
    Last edited by SDhunter; 05-25-2018, 08:09 AM.
    South Dakota

Hey Tamara, Congrats to our MOTM. It is great to have a member with so much energy and enthusiasm for the hobby.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

My heartiest congratulations Tam. You've been really active here at AH.com lately and not just in artifacts but across a broad spectrum of topics. Your Pottery and point interests will continue to grow as you learn more and more about them and share your knowledge with others here on our website. Thanks for helping make our website one of the best on the internet.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hi Tam. Congratulations. I'm happy that you are receiving the recognition you so richly deserve. Your wide range of interests and knowledge as revealed to us by your bio statement tells me that we are fortunate to have you aboard this good ship.

Comment

Congrats Tam! I hope You can do some Hunting at Your Place soon also.
          http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

So nice having another gal to share this hobby with, along with our mutual love for sea glass & shells! Congrats being our newest MOTM & well deserved. If Gary hadn't beat me to it, I would have volunteered to bring the news personally! Lol!!

I know now you dream of retiring to your country property, but when old man winter comes calling, you may long for these aloha moments!!

Deb
            Child of the tides

Comment

Congratulations Tam well deserved I always enjoy your posts!
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congratulations Tam! Great member and friend here. Big BOOM
                Professor Shellman
                Tampa Bay

Comment

Congratulations Tamara.

Comment

Thank you my friends , with the time change I was able to see all these posts .
                    Now that I am retired I wonder how I found time to work such long hours . There is to much to do out there !!!
                    Deb, Georgia doesn’t get that cold . When I have the urge to find warm beaches I will find some new ones in the South .
                    So many I have not seen .
                    As I watched a sailboat take off for a journey at sunset
                    I thought of Joe and his boat .... but then big rain drops started to fall down and a chill was in the air . At that moment I got a big grin on my face and shook my head and laughed thinking of all my AH friends really living in the cold .
                    Thank you again for this honor . I do enjoy all of your combined life experiences and intelligent responses . It’s a great place to share , learn and I have made some great friends ,
                    Aloha

Comment

Big Tatonka congratulations on Feb MOTM...you bring a great zest for life and a warm energy to this site...your smile says it all...again congratulations...
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Congrats Tam! You always chime in with a pleasant and friendly vibe, it's nice to have you here.

Comment

Congratulations on Motm Tam! I've enjoyed your enthusiasm for learning and sharing, Thanks so much for your contributions, post and the friendly personality you bring to this forum!
                          Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Congrats my friend Your willingness to participate is what makes you stand out.
                            That plus the PIN UP GIRL calender shot.
                            Bruce
                            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congrats Tamara!
                              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X