MOTM for May 2018. CTex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for May 2018. CTex

I have always liked the month of May! It’s just a good month with a good name. We also have a good member for May! I’m happy to introduce Kevin as May’s MOTM.
    You probably know him as CTex! Thanks Kevin for what you do.

Texas born and bred. I spent most of my teen years in rural East Texas, hunting, fishing and exploring the piney woods. Looking back, there was a natural spring about a half mile behind my house that would have been an excellent place to hunt for arrowheads, if only I knew then what I know now.

Last fall I was invited to join a deer lease in Central Texas with a family that had been on the lease for over 25 years and I jumped at the chance. It occurred to me that there might be and arrowhead or two lying about, so I would occasionally walk with my head down. After a few weekends of not seeing anything I was about to give up when I came across a broken base. Within the next 30 minutes I found 4 more bases, a whole Frio point and a scraper. That is how the sickness began.

I have been on arrowheads.com at least once per day ever since and have found it to be an incredible resource. The people here are awesome and the range of knowledge that everyone is willing to share is amazing. Thanks to everyone!!

Kevin

Click image for larger version  Name:	5C8BF30E-892F-438A-AACE-A63F0F147443.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	85.8 KB ID:	297849
    Last edited by SDhunter; 05-25-2018, 08:10 AM.
    South Dakota

Bravo Kevin. You fit into this family of friends very nicely my friend.
    The recognition for MOTM is very deserving as you are always willing to help with lithic and type identifications from your area.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congratulations Kevin Best of luck in the hunt.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey Kevin, Congrats to our MOTM. Texas is the land of great lithic material.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM I love seeing those big Texas finds and reading your stories well deserved!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congratulations, Kevin!
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the club, lol
              call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Congrats Kevin, Nice Bio and I'm glad Your here with Us.
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congrats Kevin.
                  Thanks for all you do.

Comment

Kevin, welcome to the MOTM group! We all agreed you would make a fine choice for the merry month of May! I sure enjoy seeing your Texas finds. Your region is rich in NA habitation, both ancient & post-contact.
                    Here's hoping you stay active not only hunting but here on the forum.
                    Deb
                    Child of the tides

Comment

Hi Kevin and congratulations. I enjoy your posts and appreciate your willingness to share what you know as well as your finds. Seems like you've come a long way in a short period of time if your learning curve started about the same time as your initiation into the hobby.

Comment

Congrats, Kevin. We all enjoy your posts and interesting finds very much!
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations Kevin , I always get a smile when I see your Avitar just knowing there is a good find or story .
                          Like me we could of should of as a kid but we are doing it now and it’s a great hobby .
                          Well deserved MOTM award
                          btw , don’t you just love those hunt leases for artifacts ?

Comment

Congratulations on this MOTM honor Kevin! Your post are excellent and we appreciate your contributions here on AH.COM!
                            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I know I probably look late 20's at worst, but I turn 50 this month, so this honor is an early birthday present for me. You guys/gals are all awesome and thanks to all of you for both tolerating and humoring me, hopefully you continue to do both for a long time to come!

BTW, I'm the one on the left .
                              Kevin - North/Central Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X