MOTM for June 2018 Broken Arrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for June 2018 Broken Arrow

It’s always an exciting time when we get to announce our MOTM! Andrew seemed to stand out right away as someone deserving this honor. Welcome him, known as Broken Arrow, as our next MOTM!

Ok, so where to start. First off, I'd like to say a big ol thank you to all the people on the committee that decides who receives the MOTM honors. This is a huge surprise and I consider it an honor to even be considered in the decision. This is a great site and a great forum!

A little about myself: My name is Andrew. I'm 35 years old. That's me, in the pic, saving a baby turtle from being squished by a tractor at one of the recent jobsites. I have three wonderful children and a beautiful and loving wife. I'm a stay at home dad and I do landscaping work on the side. Between work and my daddy duties, I make as much time as I can to pursue my hobbies. My hobbies include, but aren't limited to, playing guitar, fishing, hunting animals and artifacts, and anything that involves working with my hands and mind.

I was born and raised here in SE missouri, and though I've traveled here and there, this is where I've always lived and called home. I was raised a country boy and I'm happy to say I still am.

In my childhood, my time was spent with my buddies. We would run around the fields and hills, ride bikes on the country roads around home, fish and swim in the creeks, play video games and just do what boys do. I also loved going on the road with my grandpa. He was a truck driver and ran a small trucking operation. The name in my tag line, Stagger Lee, was his cb handle. Instead of letting it stop when he passed on, I decided to adopt it and keep his spirit alive.

Once again, I'd like to thank all the mentors, moderators, members, and administrators who make this site so wonderful and such a pleasure to be a part of.

Stagger Lee, over and out.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FCB34A0D-FE38-42D1-87FB-8AFD06141902.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	104.2 KB ID:	302710
    Last edited by SDhunter; 08-06-2018, 08:26 PM.
    South Dakota

Andrew, that is one happy looking baby turtle savior.
    You were chosen this month for the way you freely offer assistance and guidance.
    Keep up the good work.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was pretty happy about that save. I'm just glad to be here and glad to help. Thanks, bruce!

Andrew, you were a breath of fresh air among the new members to our site & we've enjoyed your posts and comments. Congrats!
    Deb
    Child of the tides

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Deb! I'm happy I stood out for good reasons, lol.

Stagger on Lee, I love your gramps handle. I enjoy your posts Andrew. Seriously you have brightened my day many times. Great picture and rescue. I have stopped on the road many times to give a turtle a little boost off the road. BTW if you ever do this take them in the direction they were headed.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Grandpa was a very special person, and his handle was awesome! I'm happy to know I've brought a smile to ya. I do stop and help em out often, and yep, always in the way they are headed.

Congratulations on MOTM well deserved! Good to see there is another turtle crossing guard here!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Gotta help em out. Getting smushed by a car sounds like a terrible way to go.

Congrats Andrew on this well deserved honor! You've been like a cool refreshing breeze blow through our forum. Thanks for your contributions!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Josh! Glad I could help out.

Go Andrew!! Congrats!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Tom!

Congrats BA/Andrew. Your posts are always worth the time to read and you share a passion for the outdoors that really shows in your words. Great to have you as a member...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Baba! I try to make my posts worthy of y'alls time. I'm glad you enjoy them! It is great to be a member here. Maybe one day I'll get that fancy mentor status!

Hi Andrew. I hope you're not tired of being congratulated yet. LOL But you'll have to see it at least one more time. Congratulations on your selection! You are a very positive and needed member to our forum. It is refreshing when a new member joins who comes in with much prior knowledge about this hobby and shows a real interest in sharing with our group. Thank you for what you've been contributing. I look forward to your posts.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, not tired of it yet, lol. Still surprised I got this honor, especially since I'm pretty much still a new member. I try to be positive, sometimes its hard but I try. I'm still fairly new to the hobby, but it is so addictive. I can't help but to dive in to the knowledge banks and soak up as much of it as I can and Its only right to share it. I'll try to keep the good posts coming. Thanks for the encouragement!

Well played Andrew. Congratulations.
    Thank you for all you do.

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Hi-lo! I'm happy I can contribute!

You are a great choice thanks for being a member I enjoy reading
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Chase! I consider that a great compliment. Thanks for having me. I'll try to dig up some more good reading for you and the rest of the great folks around here.

Stagger Lee with a swagger
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congrats Andrew, You seem like a nice Fella and good Hunter so this is deserving.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Josh! I've put lots of hours into map study but sometimes I think I just get lucky. I guess it helps that I live in a good area for artifact hunting.

Ahhhh BH I love your posts . I always feel I can learn something or find an interesting read when I see your Avitar pop up ..
      Like the others said you are a breath of fresh air to this site always positive but to the point .
      congrats Buddie , it sounds like you have a great family as well .
      10/4 that Stagger Lee

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Aww thanks, Tam!

Congrats, keep on keeping on!

Comment

• Broken Arrow
        Broken Arrow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Kurt! Roger that.