MOTM for July 2018 fldwlkr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for July 2018 fldwlkr

Click image for larger version  Name:	556856D4-B58C-4FBE-8C49-6940D3A125BE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	97.6 KB ID:	306087 I’m glad we have a special member to honor this month. It’s a special month when we celebrate our Independence , and enjoy some summer weather. Please show your appreciation to Tim, also known as Fldwlkr. We are glad you are here.

I grew up in small town Ohio where kids rode bikes, ran the woods, and swam in the creeks until the sun set. We baled hay and picked sweet corn for the local farmers as a way to make a little gas money. Looking back on those times, I feel sorry for many of today’s children who do not get to experience such free spirited wandering.

I was the first of my family to attend college and much to my father’s bewilderment, I majored in Art. He did not see a future in it but it was the only card I had to play as a skill set. I was lucky enough to find my wife of 34 years there and it has been an adventure going through life with her.

We raised a daughter, taught school for 30 years, and built a nice home in the country. We recently retired from education and I am pursuing my studio work with renewed energy. My work reflects the Ohio and Kentucky landscape that I have grown to know so well. A walk may not turn up an artifact but it always gets me outside and into the fields and backwoods I find so comforting. I am truly blessed to live in such a beautiful place with a loving partner.

My hobbies include mountain biking, hiking, kayaking, motorcycles and (of course) artifacts and bottles. I have run the ancient Indian forts and mounds since childhood, but only in the past 10 years have I begun to collect and study ancient man’s creations in stone. I remember my first find like it was yesterday and I am still hooked on that moment of discovery. There is nothing like that feeling you get when you focus on the piece in the field and realize it is an artifact.

I am lucky to have found “Arrowheads” since it is a great place to share and learn about artifacts. The members have a wide knowledge base and are eager to share information and offer assistance. The site is populated by a wonderful group of people who keep the hobby at the forefront and remain civil to one another on the web. This is a great group and I am glad to be a part of it.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 08-06-2018, 08:27 PM.
    South Dakota

Tim - Glad to see ya in the limelight as our MOTM and it's a well deserved selection. I always take time to read your posts and have always found them interesting and informative. I also see that you and I have much in common in our formative years. Congrats to ya.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Tim, Congrats to our MOTM for July. Well deserved honor. I always look forward to reading your interesting posts.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

If there as been a a member over looked it is you thank you for being apart of our community my congratulations
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Tim reading your post brings me back to my childhood as well . I feel so fortunate to have been able to have grabbed a sleeping bag and slept by a river with no fear .
          We indead were a fortunate generation to have been able to enjoy nature with such wanderlust .
          But you have to have the ambition my friend and you have
          it!
          I to enjoy your formative posts and helpful information .
          Just like this pic of you weaving your art this story puts the puzzle together on your knowledge .
          congratulations on your MOTM award ... well deserved .

Comment

Congrats Tim...your story as a youth reminds me a lot of a guy I know well...great times they were...my youth was like yours...detasseling corn in the old days... and yes baling straw and hay...on the most sweltering days !!! Anyway BIG CONGRATS on MOTM as it is very well deserved...your input/posts are always appreciated.
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• fldwlkr
              fldwlkr commented
              Editing a comment
              It's hot here and I see the hay waiting to be stacked. Being the little guy, I was always up in the loft when we got to the barn.

• BabaORiley
              BabaORiley commented
              Editing a comment
              The hell with that barn...I was little too but I stayed out on the rack...that barn was a dusty, itchy oven...

Way to go! Congrats Tim!!!
            Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Congratulations Tim! This is a well deserved honor and I always enjoy when you chime in to share your knowledge and experience. Thanks for your contributions to our forum!
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Hey Tim, congratulations on being our newest MOTM. I would love to see photos of your art! Glad you joined the forum & enjoy your posts.
                Deb
                Child of the tides

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Deb, You can check out my work at @SouthRiverStudio.FineArt. There is a link to my portfolio page there.

I agree with Chase, Tim. This honor is long overdue.
                It has been a true pleasure getting to know you through the forum and via PMs and mail.
                Some day soon we will hopefully walk a few fields together.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• fldwlkr
                  fldwlkr commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Bruce, That inkwell you sent my way has found a home in my collection. Walking fields is always a good time.

Congrats, Tim. I really enjoyed what you had to say, so well spoken, and from the heart. Glad you are a member of our community.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Congratulations, Tim! That was a great bio. Every family needs an artist and we need more artists in the world.
                  Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Congratulations Tim love reading your posts and seeing your finds. I as well would love to see some of your artwork. And thanks again for the insulaters, finally found a good bottle dump to dig.
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• fldwlkr
                      fldwlkr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sugaree, You can check out my work at @SouthRiverStudio.FineArt . There is a link to my portfolio page. Glad you liked the insulators. I enjoyed the BooJum and would certainly trade a few more with you.

Wow! I don't feel worthy of the Member of the Month honor but I am happy I found Arrowheads and the group that posts here.
                    Good luck out there, fldwlkr
                    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Tim, Don't be so shy!! Of course your worthy!!!!. Those who contribute like you do are very much appreciated! Congrats, and keep those posts and opinions coming in !! That's what makes this site work!
                      http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X