MOTM for Sept 2018 Kentucky point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Sept 2018 Kentucky point

We get to kick off Labor Day Weekend with a new member being selected for MOTM. Ethan has made a big hit already here on the site, so it’s exciting to welcome him, also known as Kentucky point, as September’s MOTM!

I am still surprised that you guys picked me, of all persons, to be MOTM. I am very grateful and honored to be chosen. It really means a lot to me as a beginner of this hobby. I was told that I need to write a short bio, so here it goes.

My name is Ethan, and I am currently a fifteen year old home schooled kid from Carter County Kentucky. I live on a farm (without animals, just hay. Much to the displeasure of my hay fever.) out in the middle of nowhere. My parents, my brother and I live on top of a ridge; one of many that wind across the lower portions of Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia. I have always lived near the coal fields. Coal towns and coal trains and coal miners are seen frequently throughout the area.

I enjoy just about anything outdoor related. Except camping. I hate being in the woods (or anywhere for that matter) after dark. Turkey hunting is my number one priority in the spring, taking up the entire month of April. Most recently, I have taken up point hunting. Even though I have gone out only a few times, and don't have much to show for it, I have been blessed with an amazing point found on my own property.

I also collect old things. What I mean by that is if its old, I like it and therefore, I must find one for myself. Old things are cool to me. Especially old bottles. Bottle collecting is a really fun hobby for me, and so far, I have a so-so collection.

I have been told that I am good with a camera. I also have been told that I have a sense of humor. The latter is still being debated.

In the future, I hope to get one of three jobs. The first is in law enforcement. Somebody has to protect and serve the community's where family's live and work. With all of the crazy stuff going on today, we will be needing more and more police in order to preserve the law. My second job would be railroading. A conductor to be precise. I have grown up around the railroads, and the railroad workers all of my life. This would probably be my dream job. I already meet the physical requirements. My third would be heavy machinery, i.e logging, bulldozing and excavating. This is what my grandfather did for years, and I believe that I could do it

This bio is a result of me being totally clueless about what to say. There are a lot more cool things to learn about me that I just don't know how to put in writing. You guys have been such a great help to me, ever since I joined. I have learned a lot of things, from a lot of great people. I can't thank you enough for helping me, even indirectly.

And with that, I conclude my bio. Thank you!

P.S. The picture you see was taken in Culpeper VA during a metal detecting trip. Note the chimney in the background. Also note that a picture of me is extremely rare, as I hate being photographed.

Last edited by SDhunter; 09-11-2018, 04:14 PM.
    South Dakota

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C72AAA4-7EB5-4AF3-B2B8-8D679FA1CA5A.jpeg
Views:	132
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	316732
    South Dakota

Comment

• Havenhunter
      Havenhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well aren’t you a cutey! I think you did just fine with your bio. Welcome to the MOTM club!

Congratulations on making member of the month! I’m a member of the NWTF, and and avid turkey hunter as well. Great to see you post on here, keep it up!
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Ethan - It's because of your beginner status and what you've been able to show this audience, that you were selected MOTM. You've gained impressive knowledge and applied it correctly to other new members to help them along. You've also contributed some knowledge to some of us old timers, which isn't an easy task. You've more than earned the recognition. Congratulations. By the way - the fact that you're only 15 just impresses the hell out of me. I'm proud you're a member.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Hey Ethan how you doing ? I'm Red from Connecticut.. I raised 4 kids and I can tell ya they can go either way. ..good or not so good.and the way your going would make any dad proud and kicking for arrowheads is an awesome hobby ....keep kicking man...congrats on getting motm
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Hey Ethan, Congrats to our MOTM. You have made some good choices in your selection of hobbies and I am proud of you young man.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Ethan you have brought a very special spark to this forum. Your replies to post and comments show wisdom and thought that is seemingly beyond your years.
            Your talent behind the camera lens is unique. If those first three choices for future employment don't pan out a professional photographer might be something to look into.
            If your parents are as proud f you as we are they must be busting at the seems right now.
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congrats Ethan!
              http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

This forum is for learning. Ethan you are what this forum is all about. We all learn from each other and we learn from you. It is my privilege to know you through this forum and To see a deserving member get MOTM. Congratulations.
                When I was a young man such as your self I spent almost every minute I could looking for artifacts. My dad had a book from Dr. Frision from the University of Wyoming. It was my dream to learn from him. I never got that chance until a few years ago. It was on a trip to a dig site to a place called Powars 2 and I spent five hours with him driving there and back. What I learned was there is a lot to life, so Turkey hunting is just as cool as artifact hunting.
                Thank you for being a member!
                Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congrats bud! Glad to have ya around here!
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks!

I believe that you have an echo...

Congrats bud! Glad to have ya around here!
                  call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM you have a great way with words and a good sense of humor. Thanks for your contributions.
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congratulations Ethan glad to have you aboard. That picture may be rare but I have to ask did you dig up something behind you or bury some treasures?
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kentucky point
                        Kentucky point commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I found an ultra rare, CS staff officers button at a pre-civil war house site prior to the photo. Any confederate officer ranking from major all the way to general would have worn that particular button. My story is in the metal detecting section.

• Hoss
                        Hoss commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is awesome

Congratulations on MOTM from one of your fans . Like everyone has said you always have great responses and bring your unique personality full of cheer and your experiences to this forum . I can’t tell you how great your photography is from the still of a bee to lightening seems to express who Ethan is about . There is no grass growing under your feet young man and that’s a fact . Your plans for the future and how they were thought out are impressive , well beyond your years .
                      We have forum members that are in those professions that may give you a tip. I to am proud of you and so happy you are a member .

Comment

Congratulations, Ethan. Welcome to the MOTM club.
                      Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Working...
                      X