MOTM for Oct 2018 redrocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkfrey View Post
    Hey Richard, Congrats to you!! W deserved, and your input and opinions are very informative. I have to disagree with Oct. being a good month though. I live next to two large oak trees, and if one more acorn hits me on the head, i will be in a straight jacket!! It's like Chinese water torture!! But if you love it, it's ok, it's my birthday month so it can't be to bad!! Again, Congrats on the honor!!
    pkfrey, your a sad, strange man. October is awesome! Lol!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      NO, I'm not really! I just thought I'd mention that. Every Oct. the nuts start falling. Drives me crazy listening to them hit the metal porch roof!! The problem is, when I'm walking to the truck, they hit me on the head going 40 mph when they fall!! And i don't have any hair to protect myself! I LOVE the month and the fall!

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I think my problem is the black walnuts that fall in the middle of the night on a piece of tin, and it sounds like a war zone.

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep, you got it! And walnuts are a lot bigger than acorns!!

Thanks man ur always right there to help
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Congrats, Red. It was nice meeting you and your brother in law at our recent gathering.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Thanx Charlie nice meeting you also...that was awesome
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Red congratulations!! Happy to have you on the forum and was glad to have met you at the gathering. Keep posting man!
          Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

Thanx Ben cool meeting you too that was a good day ..keep kicking and knapping that awesome stock of rocks Ron gave ya
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Congratulations Red , I always enjoy reading your posts .
              Great bio gives you a hint of your very historical surroundings . Also congrats on 40 years in your union well deserved retirement !

Comment

Thanx Tam you got some cool posts I enjoy as well .when Hoss came back up in june and I ran into him in a field we kick it got me started posting on here ..I love it
                SW Connecticut

Comment

It’s such a relaxing hobby . I love to get out and walk and just listen to nature . I to am a fall person and love the smells and colors .
                  Then at our age it’s great to sit down with a book and study the pieces we are finding and to learn somthing new . There are just so many facets to this hobby if your open to them and I know you are . It comes with experience in life .

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes there's nothing like going thru a box of old rocks and finding something cool u missed

Congrats Red!! It was great meeting you in RI and enjoyed our talk and short walk....I’ll take you to my beach spot here soon....might have the same end result of being skunked but maybe not...a lot more rocks to look at then we had at the get together.
                  As soon as I get some spare time...you and John are getting a couple frames....john really needs one for that giant Levanna...hahaha
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanx Chris I'm lookin forward to kicking with you man and the frames...wow man

Congrats Richard. Well done.
                  Massachusetts

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanx chief you find some cool stuff ..keep kicking man

• chiefwompatuck
                    chiefwompatuck commented
                    Editing a comment
                    haha thanks red you too brother!

Congrats! Your among some fine company.

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanx clam I wish I met ya up in Rhode island

Way to go Red!!!!
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• redrocks
                    redrocks commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Jethro I gotta find something quick for October to live up to motm haha

Congratulations Red! Well deserved honor and I enjoyed reading your bio. Thanks for your contributions to our forum!
                  Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Thanks Josh I'm still aglow from the honor man .I like this forum and all the knowledge I'm learning from you guys a lot
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                    X