• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations

Comment

Thanks coach artifact hunting is a good thing in my life
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Sorry I am late to the party. Congratulations Red good to have you here with us man.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Matt seeing you in the field that day back in June 2 days after I found my normanskill and your standing there with that cool Vosburg you just picked up was what got me started on here brother this forum is awesome man and it's good knowing one of the big Kahuna's .hahaha

Originally posted by SDhunter View Post
        Click image for larger version Name:	9E272F1E-F263-4020-AD4C-6077D002248D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	89.3 KB ID:	322839

October is one of my favorite months. Nice cool crisp days. Fallen leaves, crunching under your feet, that start to have that certain smell as they decay. Geese are flying. Wood fires start burning around town that smells good, and a plethora of other reasons. Oh, and we have a new honoree! LOL. How’s that for a lead up. Please welcome Richard as our new MOTM. You may know him as redrocks. Glad to have you Richard!

Hello everyone .I gotta say what an honor to be considered motm by the powers that be.My name is Richard but people have called me Red all my life because my hair was brick red growing up and even though the color is waning I am still called Red and will be 4ever I reckon.Im 65 yrs old . I live in a small river valley town in southwestern Connecticut where industry pretty much started in this country when commodore Hull brought back the first Marino sheep to the USA . long ago . Many water driven mills and factories were built along the river. Anyway I decided at 19 yrs old I was gonna be an electrician like my grandfather and uncle altogether we ended up with seven electricians in the bloodline. I joined the IBEW electricians union in 1973 and served an apprenticeship for 5 yrs and I worked on everything from a one plug one switch Photomat to the Nuclear reactor generating Millstone Power Plants in Niantic Connecticut...I retired 4 yrs ago with 40 yrs in the Union. I found my first arrowhead along the banks of the. Housatonic River in Shelton Connecticut back in 2001.and have had a passion for hunting and kicking ever since . Other hobbies that keep. Me going are playing guitar and largemouth bass fishing .I love anything outdoors. When I got in to kicking for artifacts my company had me wiring air handling units on the 4th story roof of a phone company building which was in the same town as the river I mentioned before and it was one of those flat roofs with a rubber membrane covered with gravel for drainage ..and I couldn't resist kicking the stones and to my surprise I found a milky quartz triangle made of some of the finest grained quartz you will find here..it occurred to me that when they built the building they used the gravel dredged from the river by Beard sand and gravel. That was crazy.and quite a prize......I really enjoy checking out all the finds and posts on this forum and glad to part of it. You all are very knowledge able and like minded folks.I have learned a lot from joining and getting good input from all of y'all.It was really cool meeting up with a bunch of you fellow new Englanders on sept 23rd and hope to do it again soon brothers....anyway peace and good health to evryone here so we can do it for many many yrs to come... Red
        Red I found a scraper on the roof of Danbury Hospital back in the day. I dropped a wrench while picking it up I saw the little crystal quartz scraper. I also found a point in the street Olivia St Derby after a plow/ sander went by in winter. (Blizzard of 93). The sand came from Beards dredge. A guy I knew worked the converyor down at the dredge and he showed me a Gennesse point one day said he found it while pulling sticks off the conveyor when the gravel was headed to the crusher. That river is loaded with artifacts man. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone fishing at various locations and always find something. Thanks for sharing the great story.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Wow your story's cool ..you never know where U will find an artifact man ur right about the river I wish I had a canoe or something to get to different spots.. everyy time I think there's too many people going there now and I get frustrated. Something will pop up ...like that cool notched weight last week....I ain't giving up ...I'll always pop down there once in a while
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Sorry about the belated wish Red but my heartiest congratulations on your selection as MOTM. It's very well deserved. I really enjoy your posts and comments.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Thanks Chuck I like this site a lot.. I enjoy your posts always and this latest saga you got going on with all those artifacts is awesome. Keep updating......
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
              X