MOTM for Nov 2018 MidTennHunter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Nov 2018 MidTennHunter

Click image for larger version  Name:	45BDAD3B-4CD5-491F-903A-CB25BB8488E2.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	144.9 KB ID:	329709 Click image for larger version  Name:	D9713018-BB8A-47A9-ACCE-7D99CF7339DE.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	57.3 KB ID:	329708

We may be a day late, but this is worth the wait! I’m happy to be able to present another great member to our distinguished list of honorees. We are happy to have Alan here helping keep this great forum going. Please welcome MidTennHunter as our newest MOTM!

My name is Alan aka MidTennHunter. I am 41 years old and have a wife that I have been together with for 20 years and a son that is 5 years old.

I grew up in east TN mainly in the city of Morristown about an hour NE of Knoxville. My dad got me and my brother into the outdoors as early as I can remember and I like anything outdoors including fishing, riding motorcycles, hunting, and metal detecting with arrowhead hunting taking most of my outdoor time.

I moved to the Franklin area about 7 years ago and met my neighbor, he mentioned arrowhead hunting so we went a couple of times with me not finding anything. A few days later I go by myself and found a perfect Dalton and from that day forward, I have been hooked.

A little bit after I started arrowhead hunting, I got a job that installs erosion controls on construction sites to keep sediment and dirt from leaving the site. I have about 45 sites that the State of Tennessee requires to be checked twice a week so while I look at dirt all day, I also get to enjoy this hobby. Of those 45 sites, I have found points on 14 of them but 3 sites will constantly give me something. These companies move fast and I know there is so much more but it will soon be covered to never be found so I try my best to save as much as I can.

My wife’s dad which loved to hunt artifacts lived in Mtn. Home, Arkansas. He had some amazing stuff but at the time I didn’t really know what he was showing me. He ended up getting cancer and passed on. I hate that me and him didn’t get to enjoy this hobby together but I think about him while I’m out there looking and I think he helps me out.

I am truly grateful for the time and knowledge that people are so willing to share on this forum and it is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan- MidTennHunter

Last edited by SDhunter; 12-01-2018, 04:56 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations, Alan! Killer bass, and killerer point, lol!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the killer comment!

Congrats Alan!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Congratulations it is great having you with us. Thank you for sharing your adventure with us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it, hope to share much more.

Congratulations, Alan! It is a pleasure to have you here. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful finds with us.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I hope my luck continues. This year has been a good one.

Hey Alan, Congrats MOTM. I love big knives and that brute you are showing is awesome.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, It will always be one of my favorites.

Hey Alan congrats on motm..I enjoy your post s and finds..Nice bio man ..keep kicking dirt
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it, hope to find some soon now that we are starting to get some rain

Congrats, Alan!
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Comment

Congrats well deserved! Keep up the hunt!
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, sure will.

Congratulations on MOTM Alan!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats Alan, well deserved
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congratulations on Motm Alan! Well deserved honor, I've really enjoyed you sharing your finds with us, Tn finds get me pumped! Thanks for all your contributions to this site!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate it! I hope that I can contribute more on both sides except when someone asks for an ID, I got to leave that to the experienced members, maybe one day I will aleast understand my area.

Congrats Alan! But I need to know something. You said you were married for 20 years. You don't even look to be 20!! Question, How do you hold your age so well? Is it the fishing and artifact hunting that keeps you so young looking?? LOL!!!
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure, I was thinking the opposite as soon as I hit 40, I started losing my hair which I never had much of, getting gray hair, waking up stiff, and now I feel like my eyes are not as good. All down hill from here. Just messing around, life is good and I can’t complain one bit.

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh MY, wait until your my age, I'm sure you'll find some little ache or pain to complain about! But no one listens anyway!! LOL!!!!!! Welcome aboard the MOTM club!!!

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m sure you are right, and time is starting to flying by. Thanks for the welcome!

Hi Alan. Congratulations and most deserved. You are a valuable member of our forum and am glad you are on board. You've shown us some dandy points since joining our group and I hope your luck continues. I think you showed us that point before but never saw the fish. A dandy bass, too. What did you catch it on?

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and you and me both on my luck continuing. My new favorite lure is a finesse bait called a shaky head, basically it is a worm but the hook makes the worm stand up and the tail basically shakes and I think I get more bites.

A hearty congratulations there Alan. I've read your posts and always with interest since I'm also a fellow Tennessean, tho not native. I agree with Josh about being hyped up on Tennessee artifacts. We're lucky to have you and your selection to MOTM is well deserved.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• MidTennHunter
      MidTennHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I am lucky to be in an area that is so rich in Native American artifacts. I appreciate your comment.
Working...
X