MOTM for Dec 2018 KayakAddict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Dec 2018 KayakAddict

Click image for larger version  Name:	C39A9213-96AE-4114-A97E-5B4BF0BB826D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	82.3 KB ID:	335277

As we close out another year, we tend to reflect on what transpired the previous year, and wonder about what might happen in the new year. It can be both a happy time of year, and maybe sad for others, but it is a good time of year. We also have a deserving member to honor, as we close out the year. Evan gets the honor of bringing us home this year. Please welcome KayakAddict as our new Member of the Month!

My name is Evan Shea. I love arrowheads.com, and I am thankful for this online community. Sharing knowledge is huge, and people here are into that which is why I love this place. I grew up playing in the woods, and playing music. I'm a musician, teacher performer etc. Jobs have led me to live all over central and south Jersey. I play drums, percussion, keyboards, and the especially the vibraphone. I play a lot of styles.

I have always been aware of Native American presence and history but developed a greater appreciation and understanding in the last 7 or 8 years studying ancient artifacts. They are our window into the past. It took a friend to make me aware of the possibility of finding artifacts. His name is Billy and he gave me handfuls of items to take and study to become familiar. Immediately my interest was lithics. I've been to some knapping classes and material collecting expeditions. I also used to be a docent at a local artifact museum when no one else was available. I also do construction on the side. My newest hobby is stained glass windows. Dang I keep busy.

I like to kayak on the many slow, muddy rivers of South Jersey and when I get lucky I'll find a point laying here or there. I enjoy the quiet, peace and alone time.
    I am thankful for my wife and two children and hope my comments and contributions help others at arrowheads.com.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SDhunter; 12-30-2018, 11:30 PM.
    South Dakota

Click image for larger version

Name:	CA701C19-ACD0-4C8A-BC69-0A373DCBA24F.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	225.7 KB
ID:	335280
    South Dakota

Comment

Hey Evan, I always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for all you contribute to arrowheads.com and Congrats MOTM.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congratulation on becoming member of the month looks like you lead an interesting life keep enjoying it.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM Evan! I always enjoy seeing your finds and reading your stories. I'm obsessed with flounder fishing as well. Love to hear your music sometime.
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

New Jersey

Comment

Arsenal pays tribute to Boston’s Long Timewww.arsenalnj.comwww.facebook.com/arsenalnj
              New Jersey

Comment

• 2ndoldman
                2ndoldman commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that you on the keyboard?

Congratulations Evan! Glad to have ya on here!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Congrats !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Congrats Evan, well deserved, thanks for being here and sharing with us. And cool on the videos. You got some talent!
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I really do enjoy your posts . Great to learn a little about a person from this award , and you certainly are diverse .
                    congrats on MOTM.
                    Those banks are calling to you like your musical notes

Comment

Congratulations Evan!!
                      Professor Shellman
                      Tampa Bay

Comment

It's a well deserved recognition Evan. Congratulations on your selection. I always enjoy your posts.
                        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Congratulations, Evan.
                          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Big Tatonka congratulations on MOTM. Evan you certainly are a man of many talents and that pic of you and the kids explains the nickname...I had one for several years...one can really get close to nature with them. I like the flounder pic also. That's a great eating fish...Congrats again to a well deserved MOTM...
                            The chase is better than the catch...
                            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
                            X