No announcement yet.

Jan 2019-A time for reminiscing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish Garscale would come back around. Some amazing finds and very knowledgeable. I would like to know more about his Sloth Slayer. I've tried to contact him a couple of times to no avail .
    east Tx.

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Is he the guy that dug sites with a skid steer and used a mechanized sifter?

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      yes that is garscale Gary

So what ever happened to a girl that use to post so killer finds think she went by Rock Queen? I believe she was from up north.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that’s it Charlie

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      She's cool!

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Charlie, you’re right.

I use to drool on the pics and she was easy on the eyes to 😉
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	2 Size:	95.2 KB ID:	344220 Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	131.3 KB ID:	344221 One of my best friends died this year. What a roll of the dice....He was only 51. He was THE coral collector. Was on many boards for collectors and knappers usually as JCinPC. Jeff Capron in Plant City.

CAPRON, Jeffrey Scott

51, of Plant City, Florida, born May 10, 1967 in St. Petersburg, Florida, was made whole again on September 19, 2018. He was a proud former Boy Scout, and veteran of the United States Marine Corps. One of his greatest passions was preserving arrowheads and artifacts or making jewelry from Florida Coral, diving to find the overlooked or unrecognized rock to find, polish, and set the rare beautiful gem it held within. Similarly, he specialized as a finder of things, dusting off the forgotten or left behind to preserve it's own history and value. More than anything, however, he was a finder of people, always recognizing each person's uniqueness, gifts, and value. He poured into his family and friends this insight, encouraging them to be content and proud to march loudly to their own drum. He consistently looked for the small and pampering details to give that family or friend an ability to see how special he saw them. He was everybody's biggest fan. He himself was also that unpolished gem found unexpectedly in the curve of the road, changing your perspective for each step after. Stubborness made him fiercely independent and loyal. He was your protector, confidant, and co-conspirator. He was sentimental and a lover of history. He treasured his name and his own heritage. He knew much about much and taught what he knew at every opportunity. A constant explorer, a lover of books, a keeper of secrets, a trustworthy protector who stepped up, stepped in and loved sacrificially. He embodied Semper Fi but always dressed it in a sharp, irreverent wit, funny, silly and playful. And that smile... he truly found his purpose and the fulfillment of his best self in finding Michelle where she was and taking her to what she should be, emptying himself so she could see how he saw her. Perhaps his vision for each of us, his loving craftsmanship in each relationship was his greatest legacy. Our heritage. We miss you. He is survived by his wife, Michelle Arocho-Capron; children, Lauren Capron (Scott Keller) of Lithia, Logan Capron of Lithia, Lilly Capron of Lithia, Amber Arocho-Robbins of San Francisco, Courtney Devereux (Danny) of Lithia, and Cody Robbins (Madison Crossen) of St. Petersburg; parents, Dianne Coffee of Plant City, and Terry and Barbara Capron of Denver, Colorado; siblings, Mark Capron (Vikki) of Lakeland, Amy Fritsch (Steve) of Denver, Colorado, Kim Prevatt (Chris) Apollo Beach, and Scott McCallister (Lesley) of Waco, Texas; and many nieces, nephews, family, and friends.
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• gregszybala
        gregszybala commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry Tom.

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Few things worse then friends or family dying too young. Sorry, Tom.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry for your loss Tom

Jeffery Howle, can't forget Him either.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I think it was one of his post that brought me to this forum.

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Jeffery is doing ok he checks in with me on my Facebook page sometimes. Great guy.

How about paleolution? I can't remember his given name! He was studying to be an archaeologist, and his academic advisor told him it was not a good idea to be posting to an artifact forum. So, he had to leave, but not before telling us he would not forget us, or his roots as an artifact hunter.

And not before leaving us with this awesome thread:

Posted by [paleolution] Game Drive & Hunting Blind at 12,000 ft I was hunting elk and deer with my brother when we discovered this site in 2003, not
      Rhode Island

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Tyson Arnold??

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        I had been waiting for him to come back and give us more information on that thread, but looks like that’s not going to happen.

• gregszybala
        gregszybala commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, Tyson. He was studying some amazing stuff. Run into him on FB once in a while and he still stays mum on what he is involved in with the archy's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	15319B67-002F-4C47-A8AC-3613EC092226.jpeg
Views:	165
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	344408 Don’t forget Cliff!
      South Dakota

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        Aaca!

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        Great guy right there. I had a chance to meet Cliff in person.

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, Cliff was also the guy where North Carolina was concerned. Been quite awhile now....

Haven't seen Obion (Dylan) here in awhile, been missing his finds. And Pkurt too. And same as everyone of course Rogers post and tid bits are greatly missed. He worked tiressly on this forum, easy to understand the need to get away. Life happens I suppose. I sometimes wax and whane when it comes to how much time I can dedicate to having rocks on the brain. I know since our 3rd child it's been hard to stay the same motivated learner I once was. Good post Gary, good reminiscing!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Hoss
        Hoss commented
        Editing a comment
        PKurt is still with us Josh

• Kyflintguy
        Kyflintguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Well that's good to know, feel like I haven't seen him post in forever, of course I've been scarce recently myself.

...and don't forget Jessy B (BonetoStone). He clued me in lots of times! A true wealth of knowledge anything fossil related. Here's for hoping that some of these (and other) past, great members will come back sometime... Mark (TurkeyTail) will be sorely missed for a long time to come. Glad to hear that Cliff, Jeffrey, and the others mentioned are doing well.
      northeast MS

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        Jessy isn't gone. He posts infrequently, often on fossil questions when he does. Infrequent, but he still posts here.

• BillSmith
        BillSmith commented
        Editing a comment
        I though he might still check in on us from time to time but it's been so long since I'd seen him post, I kind of wondered if he was still here. I haven't been on as regular as I would like to be.

one that sits in the background Rodney Hudson a man that took on facebook for arrowheads dot com
      Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• hudson
        hudson commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still around Chase just don't comment a lot.

And then there is chase, who it was my great pleasure and honor to meet. I know his family has some roots in RI. Hope I have the opportunity to shoot the breeze with him again some day! Here's lookin at ya, buddy!
      Rhode Island

Comment

• SDhunter
        SDhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Amen to that!

I am so sorry to hear about Mark man, he was a great dude. I dealt on a fossilferrous (not sure on spelling) turkeytail from Mark on ebay. Used to kid him about Ohio State every year we beat Michigan. He was indeed a fine human being. I run into Cliff occasionally at the Bennett auctions and the annual customer appreciation events Bennett holds. I haven't been on for awhile, but now I guess I realize how long with this post. There was and still is fine people on this site, and always have been. Many of you don't know me but back when Moby Dick was a guppy I posted and followed a lot, I had the avatar with the cat that rode my shoulder like a parrot while I walked fields in Ohio. The cat "Tux" lived to be 18, passed last year. May those who have fallen rest in peace, and those of us that are still here find the brightest part of life while we are here, we already have the best hobby in common IMO _ Bill

Comment

Working...
      X