MOTM for March 2019 Clovisoid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for March 2019 Clovisoid

After a couple of months hiatus from our MOTM recognition, we return with a well deserving and much overdue honoree. Joshua has provided us with much valuable and interesting information. It’s time to thank him for it. Please give it up to Clovisoid as our newest MOTM!

My name is Joshua Ream and like many other MOTM I am really happy to be a part of this awesome community. In a busy day that is occasionally includes some boring stuff, having arrowheads.com only a few clicks away becomes a welcome break! I have been collecting rocks all of my life, my mother says I used to bring pebbles in the house when I was a toddler. Both of my grandfathers had small collections found on the farm, my father didn't collect but enjoyed finding them with me, so I was very lucky as a kid to get the chance to hunt and dig in a lot of places. I found my first arrowhead when I was 5 or 6 and I guess I haven't stopped looking since then. Neither of my kids have the bug, but they have both found a pretty decent assortment of items, so there is still hope.

I am from a small town in Northeastern Indiana, but I currently live and work in Hong Kong with my wife and two teenagers. We've lived in Venezuela, Italy, a couple places in the US, and now Hong Kong. I manage the Asia Pacific region for a large restaurant franchise, so I am frequently traveling. The blessing of my job is that my wife and kids get to experience some of the cooler travel destinations with me.

Here is a picture from a couple of weeks back in India, the wife didn't think a cobra selfie was as cool as I did. The other picture is from a couple of years back at the Paleoamerican Odyssey convention with a couple of well known archaeologists checking out my Clovisoid points. I call them Clovisoid because they are Clovis-like fluted points from Venezuela. Unfortunately my rocks are packed up in storage for the next several years, but I still get hunt a bit when the family goes back for the summer.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 04-02-2019, 06:18 PM.
    South Dakota

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BABDF11-C81A-4F4F-93EF-67673E6E07A9.jpeg
Views:	295
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	354573 Click image for larger version

Name:	CF3E6E6E-A100-4455-A677-A6B1D01D7F1D.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	163.7 KB
ID:	354572
    South Dakota

Comment

Congratulations Joshua this is long overdue and well deserved. Thanks for being a part of our forum.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats man! Wow, your story makes my life sound awfully dull,lol. Nice cobra selfie too! Lol.
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Long time coming you have inligting us with finds from abroad and beyond Thank you Joshua.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Hey Joshua, I will say, "Your wife is very wise." I realize it's not as dangerous as it looks but you can have the cobra. You have an outstanding ancient artifacts collection and I always enjoy seeing them. Congrats MOTM.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

guess you find your self in a masining company
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congrats Joshua. I do enjoy reading your posts. Always have good input good luck with ur life. ..that's crazy man ..a cobra? Aren't they one of the most deadly snakes on the planet ?
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Finally! We'll deserved and thank you very much for taking the time and sharing all with us.
                  Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Joshua I always look for your response to a post. ( first). WOW that is an exciting life you are living, congrats on MOTM
                    east Tx.

Comment

Congrats to you Clovisoid / Joshua Ream !
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Congratulations on your MOTM selection!
                        Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

It was about time you got chosen.
                          As to your choice of selfie props though.
                          Bruce
                          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congratulations! Love looking at your finds!
                            South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations on your MOTM award . I to look forward to your posts and answers to others . I have a new respect for your knowledge on anything foreign now knowing you really have been there done that .
                              I still remember the Star Ferry . Do they still have that floating restaurant in those waters . Pulling prawns out of a basket from the side of the boat and throwing on a hot skillet and on to your plate .
                              What a cool life . Hey when your walking the streets of Kowloon I’ll take a little 2 in perfume bottle lol . I have some of the best art sketches 3 for pennies . Oh I could go on .
                              Where in the heck to they house you there .
                              Sorry but you are in the spot light and you sparked some good memories . Thanks for being part of this site 😀😃
                              knowledge is power ....you kong Zai Liao 😁Zai lian xi

Comment

• clovisoid
                                clovisoid commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Tam, yep the Star Ferry is still plying the waters, and there is still one massive floating boat restaurant. Not sure how long ago you were over here but there used to be a bunch. They have small ones in some of the smaller islands. Live seafood is certainly about as fresh as you can get.

I live on Hong Kong Island near Causeway Bay, but we do go over to Kowloon pretty regularly to wonder around.
                            Working...
                            X