June 2019 Block Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 2019 Block Party

Since there are so many new members that have recently joined this forum, I thought it would be nice if we tried something different this month, and opened this month up to all the new members. Come back and reintroduce yourself, maybe just say hi again, or refresh our memory on something. Don’t be shy! Hopefully this goes over well.
    Gary
    South Dakota

Great idea Gary. We have had an influx of new members from all over the map. It would be great to get them all under one roof to say howdy...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Even the flash in the pan eppigy posters lolol? Sure!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Everyone is being shy, but I would like to welcome everyone again, and some for the first time. We are glad to have new members, and although it takes time to get to know some of you, hopefully we will get better acquainted as time passes. Welcome
        South Dakota

Comment

Hey I am Hoss I am orginally from CT but now I live in Tennessee. Been here a long time . If you left and came back great. We plan on being here for a long time to come. If you are new to our site welcome. I like Gary's idea so lets have a roll call of every one . SOund off with who you are and where you are from.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Pointblank
            Pointblank commented
            Editing a comment
            Hoss, what part of Tennessee?

Hey I’m Nate and I’m from Johnson county MO. Recently came here since the demise of arrowheadology. This is my second year at it so I’m fairly new to the addiction! Here’s my first find that got me hooked. Some of you from ology might remember this big sucker from last year!!
          Attached Files
          Johnson county Missouri

Comment

Hey y’all my name is Ryan from Southeast Arkansas. I am new to the forum. I just got my pics to post from my smartphone today thanks to Simple Image Resizer so I will be able to share more of our finds. Look forward to learning about and seeing more of y’alls artifacts!
            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Hey I’m whatever you want to call me, mostly go by JJ. I’m seriously a half crazed artifact hunter/ promoter ! Getting older and slower but still hunting, my favorite thing ! Don’t take all I say to seriously , I like to joke with people ! I love laughter !
              Ive been hunting artifacts for near 50 years now, just can’t find enough..I love this site and love to see anything and every thing found. Truly I just love people, and want to enjoy all your pics,vids,stories, etc! So, all that being said, about the only time I get serious is about artifacts... I’d like to thank everyone for putting up with me ! JJ
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Hi all , I am Tamara and go by Tam . I live in Hawaii for actually both my husband ( Wayne our silent member ) jobs . I have since retired am waiting for him now . 5 more years 🙏.
                We go whitetail deer hunting every fall and go to our work in progress cabin in SW Georgia where occasionally I am blessed with some type of artifact Find or Americana . It’s going to be a great place to grow old .
                I learn off this site and enjoy the vast assortment of knowledge from everyone we have here . There is something for everybody from antiques to Ethan and his photography . Knappers the list goes on Our experts in Just about every field . Let’s not forget about the humor and family here , it’s fantastic .
                I appreciate the time people have put into our information board as well .
                Last edited by Tam; 06-07-2019, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Awesome thanks for checking in. Lets keep it rolling. If you new or and old member check in give us a shout out and let us know a little about yourself.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Howdy y'all, I'm Andrew, former find of the month winner and one of the mentors here at this great site. Been here at the site for a little over a year now but I plan to be around as long as I'm still kicking. Been a little absent lately since we bought a new house and been busy with settling in. I live and hunt in SE Missouri. Been at it a few years now and my passion for it gets stronger everyday. I love this site and the people here, love seeing your pics and stories.
                    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Just saw this so I’m fairly new to the site but have been collecting for about 7 years. I found my 1st point while fishing and haven’t looked back since my poles are getting dusty in the garage. My only finds are on private property which I obtain permission. I live in north west Georgia. I’ve lost 80 lbs doing this hobby so if you are looking for a hobby that’s healthy and fun you don’t have to look any further.
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

• clovisoid
                        clovisoid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Good job on the weight! That'll keep you hunting a lot longer.

Hey, I’m Jason...I go by Jethro here and other places most days.
                      im from East Arkansas, live in Little Rock. I’ve been hunting arrowheads since Ford was in office, and I can’t get enough of it.

I'm enjoying the influx of new blood, and missing some of our old members who don’t come ‘round much anymore.
                      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Hello everyone, I’m Steve from Western Kentucky been finding artifacts for bout 30 years just in the last 10 have I really gotten serious about hunting. I mostly field walk and a little river bank hunting. I’ve got a two good friends I hunt with on occasion. We mainly field hunt here in western ky but we’ve just recently started river bank hunting in Tennessee. Fortunate enough to live in such an area rich with NA artifacts the history this area has is unbelievable yet few people have any ideal. I have 2 children that enjoy (finding) with me and cherish the time I get with them and the history I can share with them about the land we live on that’s not taught in school.
                        I’m new to the site but really enjoy being a part and appreciate the wealth of knowledge here. Plus it helps feed my addiction when I can’t get out and hunt, love seeing the pictures and hearing the stories.
                        “I’ve never let my schooling interfere with my education”

Comment

• Jethro355
                          Jethro355 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Man I know what you mean about feeding that addiction. This site makes me want to leave work early a lot...

Hey everyone, I am Ethan, and I am crazy. Just kiddin'. I got started here by accident really. I bought an arrowhead at an antique shop, and wanted to know if it was authentic. I never planned on staying. I didn't realize that I would become great friends with the members on here, learn new things almost every day, view some incredible finds every day, and get to have great fun on an arrowhead forum. I am very glad I did stay. Thanks everybody!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0387.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	119.6 KB
ID:	371911

The Lost Lake that started me with the forum.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                          SurfaceHunter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ethan welcome to the hobby I haven’t met many point collectors that weren’t passionate about their finds and a little crazy to boot. I’ve been told I’m a little over the edge myself I don’t see it but okay. I just enjoy the thrill of finding something nobody else can see. It’s like a gift every time I go out and find one. Glad you decided to stay
                      Working...
                      X