MOTM for Aug 2019 Charles Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Aug 2019 Charles Jones

August is my favorite month. for a good reason, so I’m extra excited to announce our new honoree. We are fortunate here to have so many excellent members, and Charles is no exception. It is my pleasure to welcome Charles Jones as August’s MOTM!

I’m Charles Jones from the artifact rich area of Southern Illinois. I grew up hunting arrowheads in the 50’s and 60’s with my Grandfather and Brothers. We all had our own collections. My Grandfather started collecting in the late 1800’s and continued until his death in the 1970’s. He had a huge collection of high quality pieces.

I married at a young age to my beautiful, smiling wife Patricia. We have 2 children and 6 Grandchildren. My son and his family currently live in Sweden, and Daughter is a Nurse Practitioner in Illinois.

I worked in Industrial maintenance and Plant management for most of my working life. I now make Black Rhino brand longbows for a living, and am slowly easing into retirement. I enjoy Traditional Bowhunting, fishing, and Traditional muzzleloader matches.

I hope to find time to search the creeks and fields for artifacts, although it seems they are getting scarce. My new hip should help a lot in that.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1F2F451C-3756-4201-ABAC-5F9D1C0A6239.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	265.6 KB ID:	382940
    Last edited by SDhunter; 12-01-2019, 10:21 PM.
    South Dakota

Sounds like an interesting person for member of month, congratulation Charles
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations, Charles!!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM Charles. Being an Illinois hunter myself I really enjoy your posts of those spectacular pieces you have. You guys had the chance to pick up a lot of points that would later be destroyed by modern farm equipment. That is a nice looking bow that you have there and I take it that's an oinker underneath. Again congrats on MOTM and welcome to the new hip club as I had mine replaced in May. Modern medicine is truly amazing...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM Charles!
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congratulations Charles! That's a great looking picture, you even look like you belong outdoors doing something! Best of luck going forward with the artifact hobby, and all your adventures!! These guys only pick the best for MOTM !!!
            http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Congrats on the honor charles....I enjoy ur posts....and hope to see more of your collection....Red
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Congrats Charles, always enjoy reading your posts. Are the bows a group effort or your own undertaking? Very nice!

Comment

• Charles Jones
                  Charles Jones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In my corporation, I’m the CEO, plant manager, salesman, production worker, shipping clerk, and janitor.

• Glacial Pebble
                  Glacial Pebble commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your a busy man! And an awesome craftsman!

Congrats Charles!
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congratulations on your selection as the MOTM. I'm happy that you are a member of our forum. It is a nice photo showcasing some of your other hobbies and skills. I admire you for using a traditional bow in your hunting.

Comment

Congrats on becoming our newest member of the month.
                    Bruce
                    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Congrats there Bowman !
                      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Congrats, Mr. Jones! Very cool bio.
                        Rhode Island

Comment

Congratz, glad to see you as Member of the Month.
                          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Congrats Charles!
                            http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Working...
                            X