MOTM for Nov 2019 oldrocks2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for Nov 2019 oldrocks2

Some may have noticed we haven’t had a new honoree in awhile. Not to worry, we are back and better than ever! It’s my privilege to announce ( ? ) LOL as our newest MOTM. He is known here as oldrocks2! Please welcome him!

I am truley honored by this. I am kinda a private person but will give you the best I can on bio and photo.

I was born may 1941. Joined the navy after highschool in 1959. Went to sub school and became submarine qualified in 1960. I made 3 patrols on diesel boats and 2 deterrent patrols on nuclear ssbn boats. After discharge in 63 I went to collage with the goal of becoming a invertebrate paleontologist. After a year I found that I just wasn't going where I wanted to be, I hate latin. A friend and I started a small company in 65 that worked out well and we sold it in 86 and I retired that year. I married my high school sweetheart in 64 and we have 2 children 3 grand children and 3 great grand children. All wonderful kids. I made friends with an arrowhead hunter in 64 and became an addict in a day. In between all the above I was stricken with many hobbies, building collections of trilobites, meteorites and mineral specimens. I raced flat track motorcycles for 5 years in the 60s and tried to find out how many bones a person could brake before calling it quits. I do a lot of long range target shooting now as hunting is just not do able.

The photo is my son and I in 83 when he came home from boot camp. My uniform still fit back then. The motorcycle shot is a half mile at, I can't remember where in 65 or 66

Now after all these years I still find the highlight is walking a field or creek after sun up finding arrowheads is the best life gets. I am really limited now on duration but still manage to pull a few out of history and will continue to do so as long as I can.

Thank you for this honor and this family of fine people.

Click image for larger version  Name:	B432E930-8414-42D9-BBFF-707D2CE0CD95.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	50.9 KB ID:	400619
    Last edited by SDhunter; 11-01-2019, 10:12 PM.
    South Dakota

Click image for larger version

Name:	47F48B82-DD27-4A37-9D30-E236AAFBB283.png
Views:	201
Size:	146.3 KB
ID:	400622
    South Dakota

Comment

Congratulation to you SD ! Event filled life, is always the best ! TY for serving our country Sir !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Vocatus atque non vocatus Old Rocks aderit! Call or don’t call, Old Rocks here; and, you have been for me since I joined. You’re knowledgeable, patient, generous, and good-humored, and many people in my “other” world know you as the fossilized Dino do do provider. They’ve seen it, and held it, and tried to help me find it when I lost it temporarily in a work file! (Did you know countertops have actually been made from coprolite? When was showing off, one fella who does high-end renovations, recognized it and told me that. Wonder if kitchen counters?!.... naw, gotta be bathroom counters..)
        Last edited by Cecilia; 11-02-2019, 04:15 AM.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• oldrocks2
          oldrocks2 commented
          Editing a comment
          Might be ok in the #2 bathroom but not in the main one.

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Yuk yuk! Good-humored, yes!

Congrats oldrocks...thank you for your service.
        Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

You have had a fun filled and eventful life my friend.
          Congrats on the honor.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Old Rocks. Thank you for your Service Soldier. Fascinating life story. May there be much more to come your way. Well Deserved 🇺🇸 Keep huntin

Comment

Congratulations, and thanks for serving!
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Congrats and well deserved !
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congratulation on a well deserved honor, keep looking down.
                  South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM oldrocks2!
                    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats to you OR2! Thanks for your service to our great nation!
                      South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM and thanks for your many contributions to this forum!
                        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Congratulations, Old Rocks!
                          Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words. about 50+ years ago there were 3 people who I could talk to about the find of the day. Now with the modern marvel of the net I have hundreds. So wonderful and want to thank you all.
                            SE IA

Comment

Working...
                            X