MOTM for January 2020 utilized flake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for January 2020 utilized flake

Happy New Year everyone! Well there is a saying, “ Out with the old and in with the new”! Sorry Benji, this is no reflection on you at all. LOL You got to close out the old year, but David gets to usher in a whole new decade! Wow! That’s special, but he’s special, as lots are on this site, but right now , it’s all about Utilized Flake!

Please show your appreciation to David! 🎊🎈🎆

My name is David B. and I live in Wilmington. After years of being a church brat and moving around the south, I settled in Eastern North Carolina. Some of the places I've grown up were Lynchburgh VA, Franklin TN, South Florida, and Birmingham AL. I enjoy all things outdoors, mainly saltwater fishing, point hunting, Disc golf, and dogs of all type!
    Finding my first arrowhead in the family garden at age 5 placed me on a path of wonder and a search for knowledge about artifacts. My finds were sporadic through the 80's and 90's until 2004, and then things started getting interesting as I stopped waiting for artifacts to find me. I became known as the arrowhead guy in town and talked to everyone I knew about artifacts.
    My favorite part of the hobby is the connection made when an artifact is found , and the feeling is a lightning strike of euphoric joy! My second favorite part is the connection made with people who share the same passion! I have along the way created many collectors by sharing my passion, and I feel lucky to have landed into this community of artifact stewards!
    Thanks, a very utilized flake!

Click image for larger version  Name:	8378827D-91FA-49AB-A748-1831F27CF034.jpeg Views:	23 Size:	100.6 KB ID:	413228
    Last edited by SDhunter; 01-01-2020, 10:03 AM.
    South Dakota

Congrats to you, David. You have always brought a great deal to our forum, and I've enjoyed your posts and finds! Much deserved!
    Rhode Island

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you much!, I can say the same as well for you sir!

Son Of the South, congrats!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Southern born KY point...yankee bred... I woulda worn blue lol! But I couldn't have shot anyone back then, I woulda been a medic or something. Those Minnie balls look like they hurt!
      Last edited by utilized flake; 01-01-2020, 09:04 AM.

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm Yankee bred too, but I was born in Virginia. I would have sided with the gray.

By the way, medics had to hold the patient down while Doc Sawbones did his duty. I think we'd both rather be looking for points instead of that.

Congrats Utilized Flake, I have enjoyed your contributions to the discussions here! Keep posting up those eastern NC finds. I am a small farmer in Beaufort county just a bit north of you, but I have gathered pointy rocks all over the state. I would love to show you my collection some time, if you are ever up this way.
    Happy New Year!

Comment

• utilized flake
      utilized flake commented
      Editing a comment
      Fourth! Where ya been man? Glad your back around! I'd love to see another rhyolite strewn collection! Will have to get up, and eat some NC barbecue!

Congratulations, David! I agree that you are always helpful and kind. But I really like your sense of humor! BTW, your fish matches your shirt.
    South Carolina

Comment

Thanks Josie... Yeah no ordinary rox commandeered my good luck fish shirt! But after the holidays I doubt I would fit into it anyway!
      North Carolina

Comment

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol

I’m writing you a limerick, but coupla brain’s Christmas Tree bulbs out this a.m. ..... just wait....
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Congrats Dave, well deserved and about time!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• utilized flake
          utilized flake commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Greg, I lurked and read for years and became active a few years back when I worked at a local college. I used to talk sharp rocks with R Queen, Jesseyed, and Butch, along with many others. Then I kind of want dark, I would check in from time to time, but didn't post much. However now I have to admit that the site has really grown on me in the past year! I'm honored y'all picked me to represent January, and look forward to the next decade of participation here!

Congratulations Dave, Happy point hunting
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Thanks Holmes , any day outside in search of history makes me happy!
          North Carolina

Comment

Hey David, I enjoy reading your posts. Congrats MOTM!!
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congrats UF !
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Congrats on member of the month utilized flake!!!
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Congratulations on MOTM Dave! Your knowledge of NC artifact's is awesome and it's awesome to have you here. I also really enjoyed our artifact sharing/fishing/digging/ and seafood eating day. My kid really thinks your cool also.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• utilized flake
                    utilized flake commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hats off to the case shot king!! Yeah man the pleasure was definitely weighed heavily on my side. Who knew I would be shown up by the mountain man chef ? That sea trout was killer! I enjoyed your whole family immensely, especially how you involved your son on the day! We will have to put your son on a doormat flounder this year!

Congrats man..I enjoy your posts and input..nice fish...what kind?
                  SW Connecticut

Comment

• utilized flake
                    utilized flake commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It's known as an overslot bull red drum. Way too big to keep, but really fun to catch! The slot is 18 to 27 inches on keepers. They range from silver to orange (which this one is) to sometimes iridescent multi colored! They make a sound when pulled from the water that sounds like a drum hence the name.
                    Last edited by utilized flake; 01-01-2020, 03:32 PM.

• Carolina Hunter
                    Carolina Hunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hear the drum beats!
                Working...
                X