MOTM for May 2020 beatup1354

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for May 2020 beatup1354

It is always exciting to see new members join and contribute to our forum. Each has their own special way of making our site informative and interesting. This month, I would like to introduce Bret as our newest MOTM of May. Thanks Bret for your valued contributions. People will know who I am talking about as I welcome beatup1354 as MOTM!

Well thanks ,i am surprised by the fact that you selected me .
    I was born and raised in Washington state and from the time i could walk my dad and uncle would take me and my brother out to hunt artifacts up and down the Columbia river and the whole Columbia plateau region , this was from the late 1950's to the 1970's. So that was the start of my interest in artifact hunting and through my uncle i was introduced to flint knapping by him and some of his native american friends from the umatilla and yakima nations .
    I now live and work in Wyoming , on the east side of the Bighorn Mountains, which is great for my types of interests artifacts ,flint knapping ,fishing ,4 wheeling ,metal detecting & dredging for gold over in the blackhills and mostly any outdoor activity .

Thanks for the honer of being a motm.

Bret Bateman

Click image for larger version  Name:	8968C886-1F51-4C5D-87C2-054F2E537981.jpeg Views:	234 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	450741
    Last edited by SDhunter; 10-02-2020, 07:51 AM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Sir !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That is fantastic Bret could have not have gone to nicer person congratulations.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations Bret on being our MOTM. Well deserved. A good choice. That is an awesome blade in the picture.

Comment

Happy for you Bret, wow you seem to be multitalented, looking forward to future posts... Looks like we kinda grew up in the same era...p.s.: good looking blade!
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Glad you got member of the month. Nice mountain views in the backyard to. Looks like beautiful country
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Congrats Bret!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats Bret...good .bio....enjoy your knapping skills a lot!!
                SW Connecticut

Comment

Congrats on motm beatup......well deserved for sure!
                  Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Awesome my friend, congratulations
                    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Congrats Brett....always enjoy your posts
                      Southern Connecticut

Comment

Congratulations Brett you are a skilled artist. It is good to have you with us.
                        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congrats Brett. Beautiful country out there. I have not made it out west to see the Blackhills yet but it’s on my bucket list. I know they were highly regarded by the Sioux nation and full of gold as well. Enjoy your post and again, congrats!
                          North Central Kentucky

Comment

Congrats bret!! Great to have you aboard in the hobby!! That sure looks like Wyoming in the picture!! Best dam state in the Union!!! Is that anywhere near Sheridan? Another Wyomingian saying Howdy!!
                            http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• beatup1354
                              beatup1354 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              you can see the sheridan city water plant just over my right shoulder lt ls set right in the center of the ranch .

• pkfrey
                              pkfrey commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That sure looked like a familiar landscape!! Really miss it out there!!!

Congrats Bret, If it was a picture of your arm and hand holding that blade I would recognize you. :-) Beautiful Big Sky country.
                            Michigan Yooper
                            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
                            X