MOTM for June 2020 paohrocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for June 2020 paohrocks

You know what’s really nice about this forum? There are always new people to meet, that share our same interests. If you stick around long enough, you become family! I wish I could personally meet more of you, but for now, let’s just meet Chris! He’s been around for a couple of years, and it’s about time we got to know him better. Welcome paohrocks, as our new MOTM! Welcome Chris!

What a surprise and honor, I am humbled, thank you. My real name is Chris and I do most of my hunting in Pennsylvania and Ohio, hence the handle paohrocks. I've been hunting artifacts for 47 years, found my first point when I was 7...yes, I am getting old(er). I recently retired from a management position with the P.I.A.A. but still teach middle school, that too will be ending in a few years. The extra time has allowed me to become a member of this outstanding forum. The forum allows us to learn and share knowledge which I think is key to growing our hobby. A big thank you to whomever hosts and runs it! Besides hunting relics I enjoy spending time with my wife of 30 years (bless her for putting up with me), working my small farm, and playing with my Jack Russell Sadie. The thing I am most proud of is not a relic but my three sons, a therapist, an army pilot, and teacher. Kids take a lot of work but are worth every bit of effort. I appreciate being nominated for member of the month, now lets see some of those recent finds!
    Click image for larger version  Name:	79FB6D8E-A9DD-4D74-8208-93AEC497844D.jpeg Views:	250 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	458498
    Last edited by SDhunter; 10-02-2020, 07:52 AM.
    South Dakota

Well Chris , congratulations, I see Sadie loves the camera. did your sons ever get the bug ?
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal, my younger two boys (AJ - pilot and Drew - teacher) have gone hunting with me many times, they both have small collections.

Neat dog, congratulation, and enjoy the forum
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks willjo, Sadie is a 4 legged tracking machine...the forum has been a lot of fun.

Congratulations Chris .... nice array of artifacts in the picture and cool dog! It’s always nice to learn a little more about our members/fellow enthusiasts .... your family now!
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you cgode, really enjoy hunting relics but like spending time with the family even more.

Congrats Chris/paohrocks! Appreciate you being a member !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Lindenmeier-Man, love your sense of humor!

Nice wall behind you and what a cute pup you have. Congratulations on member of the month.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SH, Sadie is daddies little girl...

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep I got a miniature pincher same thing. Fun loving dog

Congrats. Chris. Good to have ya on forum....I enjoy your posts and input ...good Bio too!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you red, it took me a while but I finally figured out your handle...would love to see some of your red rocks.

Hey Chris, Congrats Member of the Month. That is one heck of a display behind you.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron, when my oldest son Adam (therapist) moved out years ago I converted his room into a man cave. All 4 walls are covered in artifacts.

Chris, congrats on MOTM!
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you clovisoid.

Congratulations Chris, well deserved! Thanks for being here and sharing.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg, appreciate the opportunity to share knowledge and learn.

Congrats Chris... Well deserved MOTM and thanks for all your help on this forum. Great Wall!
    North Central Kentucky

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks KyChertHunter, this is a great place to learn and share.

• pkfrey
      pkfrey commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats Chris! Finally meet another Pennsylvanian hunter!! If a lot of those artifacts in the back ground are Pa., then you did a wonderful job of collecting. I'm impressed!

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks pkfrey, sent you a PM.

Congratulations On MOTM Chris!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Sugaree

Congrats Chris!!!
    Love those frames on the wall and I love that dog!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jethro, she is my little buddy

congrats on being MOTM and your little buddy too
    Wyoming

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you beatup.

Congratulations on MOTM .. I can see by your wall I need to pay more attention your posts !
    What a collection and truly it sounds like you are living the dream with your house full of happiness and a great hobby .
    Last edited by Tam; 06-06-2020, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• paohrocks
      paohrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tam, life is good!
Working...
X