MOTM for July 2020 antmike915

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for July 2020 antmike915

These months are flying by pretty fast. I’m convinced that time has speeded up. July is one of my favorite months, so I think it’s special that we have such a well deserved member to talk about this month. We appreciate all that contribute here, and Mike is no exception. He has added value to our forum. Thank you Mike.
    Welcome antmike915 as our July 2020 MOTM!

Hello, my name is Mike Anthony and first of all I am honored that I was chosen to be the member of the month; this is a great friendly and knowledgeable forum and everyone that I've had contact with has been outstanding and I have learned a lot and I'm always seeking knowledge on this great hobby that we all share.
    I was born in 1973 in Fayetteville North Carolina but when I was 4 my family moved to Lumpkin, GA. In 1980 My family decided to move to Columbus, Georgia and I stayed until 1998, that year I decided to move to Tampa Florida for a job opportunity of being a animal abuse investigator. I did that until 2013 and then decided to move to Dothan Alabama, in late 2018 my wife and I decided to move back to Columbus Georgia since my mother is in poor health so we can keep a watchful eye on her.
    I've always been a rock hound ever since I can remember. My mom, grandfather and grandmother used to take me to a lot of rock dealers when they used to set up shop in the shopping malls years ago and they had to drag me away. I was either 11 or 12 and right down the street from my house was a creek and when I wasn't in school I was there and one day I was looking on a sandbar for rocks and there layed a awesome creek stained Kirk stemmed point (didn't know that at the time). I didn't know what it was but I thought it was the coolest thing because I knew it wasn't natural. The next day I showed my grandfather and he was ecstatic and told me what it was..... and that was the beginning.
    That was so long ago but my passion started there and it's still going strong. I really give my inspiration too my granddad because after I showed him what I found every weekend he would take me to fields and he had a lot of friends that were big into arrowhead hunting and they would take me on some of their hunts as well.
    I've been fortunate enough to have hunted and found things all throughout Alabama, South Georgia and Central and North Florida. I don't have the chance to look like I used too and a lot of areas I once knew have changed but the love for the hobby never will.
    This is a picture of my wife and myself. When we first got together I found out that her parents were both avid arrowhead hunters (blew my mind at the time). She is also the one that said I have arrowhead psychic magnetism and that I can find a arrowhead in a igloo.
    Last but not least I want to thank all of you that take the time and read and comment on my post. It's great to know there are those that appreciate these artifacts for what they are.

Click image for larger version  Name:	69BCCED5-3400-4028-9294-A5FC827ED956.jpeg Views:	264 Size:	28.1 KB ID:	466125
    Last edited by SDhunter; 10-02-2020, 07:53 AM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Ant
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Glenn 👍

Hey Mike congrats on MOTM...I enjoy your posts ...knowledge. and input on here.good Bio man!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks red, same goes for you.

Congratulations Antmike I look forward to every one of your posts.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hoss

Good on you Mike
    Wyoming

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks beatup

Well deserved Mike and thanks for being here.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks greg 👍

Congrats Mike, Thanks much for what you add to this site.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron

Good for you Mike, enjoy all your contributions, great pic. and post.....P.S. Seems like I heard something about them iceosceles triangles hiding in them Igloos, they must be a sight to see , what with them being translucent and all....post one when you find it, ...
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal, always enjoy your post as well, you have some of the best Florida artifacts I've ever seen. If I ever go igloo arrowhead hunting I will give you the 3rd one I find (regardless of type). 👍
      Last edited by antmike915; 07-02-2020, 01:00 AM.

Congratulations mike.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks flint 👍

Congrats Mike, I enjoy reading your posts and looking at your finds.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks paoh, same goes too you.

Congrats mike, always enjoy your finds...you’ve built quite the collection..... lots of igloos up here in Minnesota....c’ mon up and get um........keep um coming Georgia boy.....👍
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks up-north, also enjoy your finds as well, you've been killing it my friend. It would be cool to find some igloos with Points, I would give you find #4 (regardless of type). I promised Hal #3.
      Last edited by antmike915; 07-02-2020, 12:58 AM.

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Find #4 is probably going to be a hardstone axe.... nobody’s going to pry that out of your hands.

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true

Congrats Mike! Glad you found arrowheads anonymous.com... Our recovery isn't twelve step, it's more like 9,150...!
    North Carolina

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks utilized

Congratulations Mike. Always enjoy your post. Your knowledge and enthusiasm go hand in hand and contribute to what makes this forum the best there is.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Trav, same goes for you.

Congratulations Mike! I always enjoy seeing your finds and reading your posts!
    South Carolina

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks alot Josie, yours as well.

Well deserved, Congrats!

Comment

• antmike915
      antmike915 commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks Glacial