MOTM for September 2020 Up North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for September 2020 Up North

Labor Day is upon us, which to means summer is pretty much over. Fall can be beautiful, but for us that live up north, it means soon we will be dealing with winter again.
    But for us that live up north, we get used to it. Let’s forget about all that, and talk about good news! We have a new member to honor. Someone that has been a valuable member to us, and someone that knows what it’s like to live up north! Have you figured it out yet? Please welcome Up North, as our newest MOTM!

Hi all,and thank you for selecting me for M.O.T.M. For sept. It’s great being a part of this forum,and I really enjoy seeing everybody’s finds and collections from all over the country.
    A little bit about myself: I was born in dec. 1971,and raised in a suburb of mpls Minnesota. My mom says I was a rock hound since about 4 years old. I would bring home pockets full of rocks everyday, and she would throw them in the woods behind the house.
    I married young, at the age of 20. I have a daughter, Nicole, who is now 25 years old. In 2000 I got divorced and started a new life in rural small town Minnesota. This is when I started looking for artifacts. It took me two years to find my first arrowhead, and that hooked me “bad” to this great hobby.
    I work as a weatherization auditor for the state of mn. I cover 8 counties and most of its rural. This is how I find many of my sites. I feel I’ve been on every gravel road in the farmlands of southern mn.
    My hobbies include: deer and turkey hunting, fishing, waterskiing, ice fishing and snowmobile racing. But mostly artifact hunting. Once you catch this bug it’s with you the rest of your life... as many of you know.
    Again, thank you for selecting me for M.O.T.M.... have a great Labor Day wknd... stay safe and keep on huntin’....✌️
    Last edited by SDhunter; 09-03-2020, 07:07 PM.
    South Dakota

North, let me congratulate you for member of the month, you're very worthy of that title. I always look forward to your finds and post. You're right, once you get bit by the artifact bug it's with you for the rest of your life.
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you mike

Congrats North, well deserved.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you greg

Good for you... you’ve found some beautiful points...Hey , I’ve always wondered about ice fishing,, do you guys actually catch fish,
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Florida boy... and yes, we do catch fish we also have been known to catch hangovers as well...😏

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal, little shelter built over hole in ice, so can hang out all day and not die from cold. This big activity for freezing people to kill time. Catch little smelts and fry for breakfast and whole house smells up. So I remember from Duluth, MN.....

• Hal Gorges
      Hal Gorges commented
      Editing a comment
      Poor little smelts, sniff, sniff. they never hurt nobody.

Up North,
    Always enjoy your work. It is nice to learn more about you!
    Flint
    northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you flint

Congratulations, Up North keep on hunting and enjoy
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you willjo and you as well..👍

Congratulations are indeed in order. You are a valuable member of our forum. You contribute significantly. Thanks for the brief bio covering the other hobbies that you enjoy. Like many of us we enjoy other aspects of being out in the great outdoors. I wish you continued good luck in all your hunting and fishing too.

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sailor... stay safe...👍

Yeah , Up North !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks J.J. When I’m stuck in my igloo all winter I’m counting on you for my artifact fix

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll try Sir !

Congrats Up North. Can't wait to see what you find next.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you flint guy...I’m planning on getting out this wknd

Congrats man ...good having ya here....i enjoy your posts and input!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks red... stay safe ...✌️

Congratulations North. Always enjoy and learn something from your posts. Seems like we’re in the same demographic. I’m 51 and have a 26 year daughter and have caught many an ice shanty hangover
    😂 Keep on the hunt while you can because you can already feel that change in the air.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks trav... enjoy the long wknd and stay safe...✌️

Well deserved Up-north, congrats, very much enjoy reading your posts and seeing your finds.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you paohrocks.. enjoy the wknd...✌️

Congrats on MOTM Up-north!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you sugared... stay safe

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Oops..sugaree... damn autocorrect.....👍

Congratulations Up-North. I always enjoy seeing your finds and reading your posts! Keep pulling those beautiful finds!
    South Carolina

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you josie.. hey... I got one coming your way... but I’m gonna make you wait till x-mas... lol...✌️

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      You are too kind! Patience is not my virtue, lol.

Hey Brad, MOTM is well deserved. Congrats! I enjoy your posts.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron....👍
Working...
X