MOTM for April 2021 Josie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for April 2021 Josie

April showers bring May flowers. April also brings us the infamous day when we play jokes on people. For now though, April brings us a new MOTM. Please show your respects to Josie for being our April honoree. Thanks Josie for your contributions here. We appreciate all you do to make this site better!

Wow, thank you for asking me to be MOTM. I am known as Josie on this site but I’m known as Jo or JoJo to friends and family. I’ve lived in South Carolina all of my life. When I was young, I was sure I would grow up and be a Veterinarian but I followed my math skills and became an Accountant. I was a Corporate Controller/CFO and Trade Compliance Officer for a major importer. I hold a US Customs Broker’s License and managed the financial and import/export compliance for US operations as well as all Central American operations. I’ve travelled extensively to Central America and spent a lot of time in Guatemala and Mexico where I would explore the Mayan ruins and Mayan culture. But all good things must come to an end and after 15 years, I was tired of travelling and came home. After a year I was beginning to become restless. I decided to research the area in which I live to see if any recorded Native American history was recorded. And wouldn’t you know; an archeological survey had been prepared in 1965 on the very land we own and live. I found arrowheads quite easily so I knew what I had to do. I laced up my hiking boots and set out on my own adventure and I have never looked back. I never knew that I would find as much as I have found. This has been the most fascinating hobby and it’s educational too. My poor husband has lost most of his food plots to me, but I do get “kicked out” of the fields in September. I’ve been hunting since 2018. I am a newbie, rookie or whatever beginners are called, but you all are helping me so much. I cannot articulate how awesome you all are and you have killer finds! This is truly a great site with so much information and reference material. Other than searching the fields, I like all water sports (grew up on a lake), I like to hike and I LOVE, LOVE college football. By the way, this is the first selfie I have ever taken and someone hijacked my photo. My sweet Marley is my sweetest find of the year, all 3 lbs. of her. Thanks for letting me be MOTM and I hope to spend many, many years with all of you on this site!

The picture is some of my first year’s finds. They are not my best finds, just the first finds. I don’t mix them with other finds. I will arrange this frame one day. Just wanted to keep them separate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A36C0ECE-7A5C-4060-B9C1-B584F911D7A8.jpeg Views:	247 Size:	40.3 KB ID:	545569
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A7079A9F-5A8C-4217-9305-0B1C78EF40B0.jpeg Views:	189 Size:	147.0 KB ID:	545570
    Last edited by SDhunter; 06-07-2021, 10:12 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Josie a well deserved honor for sure. Glad to have you aboard.I always enjoy reading your posts. Keep posting those finds.
    👍😃
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!

An exciting life you lead Josie...it’s always nice to put faces to names, or names to faces, great to have a little pal...Oh to have arrowheads on one’s property, I think I would’ve quit my job and when I dug every square inch I would have dug under the house.....Nice lookin finds, ..Congrats on Motm, couldn’t happen to a nicer gal....Nuff I of that, now go find some points, Lol.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal and you're so funny! I don't know if I'm tough enough to dig.

Congrats Josie. I enjoy your finds and input here...good bio.. I enjoy seeing your progress as an artifact hunter... that's a real nice frame of quartz there! And your first year wow!!! That's a cool dog!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red! I've come a long ways but I also have a long way to go. Thanks for your help always!

Hi Josie thanks for being a wonderful part of this forum! I always look forward to seeing your finds and hearing about your adventures. Love the positive vibrations you send out keep up the hunt!
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Sugaree! I always appreciate your help!

Congratulations on MOTM Josie, well deserved. I'm with Hal; if that was my property I also would've dug under the house, all the trees on the property would cave in from all the holes dug; the area would look like a meteor shower hit it 🙂. Always look forward to your post 👍
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol, thanks Mike. If I dig too many holes I would probably end up in one of those holes, permanently.
      Last edited by Josie; 04-05-2021, 09:08 PM.

Congrats Josie... we’re all glad you’re part of this forum.
    keep on the hunt... I think you’re due something extra special.
    now... we gotta get you in that creek, I think that’s where it’s going to be found...... Sparky there looks spoiled rotten....✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      Josie... you need to post up more of your finds.
      Your collection is probably much larger than I thought....👍

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Up North! I went to the creek but that's as far as I got, lol. Still talking myself into searching the creek. And yes, Sparky is really, really rotten. Thank you for all your help!

Josie glad to see you made it, keep posting those nice paleo finds
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Johnny. I certainly appreciate all your help and knowledge you have shared with me!

Hey JoJo, I always enjoy your posts. Congrats Mrs. April 2021 MOTM! Very cool that you can find ancient artifact on your own land.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron! It's certainly convenient to hunt here. Probably why I go so much.

Well deserved Jo! Thanks for being here with us.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg! Hope you are able to get out and find some killers this spring.

Congratulations Josie. What a cute puppy dog
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Surface. She's the sweetest puppy and she is shocking me with how smart she is. She knows all kinds of tricks already. I know you're a "dog person" too.

Congrats on member of the month Josie.....well deserved👍
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Benji! Hope you keep finding those killers you post!

Always enjoy your posts Josie. Thanks for taking the time to write a little about yourself. Sounds like you've seen some interesting places. Cheers! 🥂
    South Carolina

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Narrow Way! Yep fun times seen some awesome places but got a little dangerous towards the end of my time in Central America.

Congratulations Josie. I enjoy the positive vibe you bring to us in your posts. Good luck to you in your future hunts.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Joe! Hope to have many more hunts in my future.

For newbie you well deserve it JoJo. Always a delight to see your posts. Oh what awaits you in the future. Your young enough to have a large and beautiful collection Nice 1st year! Now send me the Pict of that Axe! Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Kim. I'm not so young, lol. But plan on doing this much longer!
Working...
X