No announcement yet.

MOTM for May 2021 Cecelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow C.. congrats ! Well deserved recognition!. Like Glenn and josie said I watch you constantly try to help new people joining here..your knowledge has greatly increased...glad ur here with ur sense of humor too ....I got a box of redrocks from a Star I see...... Find more!!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Congrats Cecilia
      Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Well deserved and a pleasure to see you honored.
        California

Comment

Hi Cecilia congratulations on MOTM and thanks for being a wonderful part of this family. Your research quickness amazes me keep those goats a chomping.
          N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Congrats Cecilia, well deserved and about time. You bring a refreshing perspective to the site and keep us old men on our toes. Thanks for being here.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations
                Missouri

Comment

I’m so proud of and for you Cissy ! Love the pic of you on your horse ! Nothing like being in tune with your animal that knows and predicts your thoughts. No spurs, just a nudge... !
                  Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Cecilia
                    Cecilia commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s just Pearl; she’s my daughter’s horse, and she probably needs a spur or two. But I even got a hackamore on her nose, she’s so easy! My BC, you just talked to, real sweet...

Congrats, Cecelia!
                  Rhode Island

Comment

Sincerest Congratulations!
                    You always reply to posts with kindness and humor—-two of the finest attributes!
                    Flint
                    northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

A hearty congratulations for your selection. Since joining, with the positive vibe you bring to our forum, we all have benefited.

Comment

Congrats Cecelia. I enjoy your quirky viewpoint, on here. Some time, maybe, you can explain your avatar. I'm curious what the story is behind it.
                        Western Kentucky

Comment

• Cecilia
                          Cecilia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That’s a Chacmool on top of Mayan structure in Chichen Itza. I was young, and now I think not allowed to climb pyramid, much less sit on his lap! I will pm you sometimes about how it was stained brown from many sacrifices. I was bolder then, and afraid of nothing!
                          Last edited by Cecilia; 05-10-2021, 01:23 PM.

• Mailman
                          Mailman commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Fascinating

Congrats! I’m relatively new but I’ve enjoyed your comments.

Comment

You look like a warrior princess up there on that horse C. Congrats 🎉. Hope your goats are as good as your chickens at digging up the past.

Comment

• Cecilia
                            Cecilia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Years ago, my daughter saw me cry. In disapproval, she said “Mama, I always thought you were a Ninja Warrior Princess!” She ain’t seen me cry since!

Thank you for reminding me!

Ok. It’s time to make a statement. You all surprised been so quiet so far, but this is big deal. Whole life, been smartalecky. Apparently in DNA, tho when young blamed on weird name, wished was “Grace”. Trait dominant in few folks, but no self control needed during big deals since snark compulsion goes dormant. Let’s wake it up!

I read AH year before joined. I listened in on little side conversations between personalities I came to know, and thot of quote in my collection describing Jim Henson: “quiet, authoritative, beloved, without aggression, but a whim of steel”. His muppets conveyed wonderment, delight, optimism; they were cuddly, but their sly wit made them not too cuddly. Collectively, their overall sweet spirit had a tartness, and they offered gentle, satiric commentary that made them seem “knowing”.

After last post read as non-member had me once again not only learning but pausing, then giggling, I just had to interrupt because what an honor to be part of ensemble troupe with so much smarts and so much glee! I joined a buncha Jim Hensons, and this is best Muppet Show in the World!
                          Last edited by Cecilia; 05-17-2021, 09:45 PM.
                          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• HBird
                            HBird commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I absolutely love the name Grace. My 3-1/2 year old daughter’s middle name is Grace. I wanted it to be her first name but my wife was hell bent on her first name being Remington. So we settled for it to be her middle name.

• Cecilia
                            Cecilia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Remington Grace is beautiful name! Was gonna name my girl Emilia Jane, but decided g’ma Giovanna (“Jenny”) had put up with whole lot during marriage to Emilio, and she was the one who should honored. So, named girl Jenna Jane after her two strong g’mas, one Italian, the other Irish!
                        Working...
                        X