MOTM for June 2021 pacmanJohn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for June 2021 pacmanJohn

Sorry I’m late for introducing a member that has been with us for 5 years now. I think this is long overdue, and I’m not just talking 5 days into June. Anyway, we need to say hello to John and thank him for contributing to our forum. We really are fortunate to have so many members that stick around. Thank you John. So without further a-due, please give your regards to pacmanJohn.

My name is John Logan (pacmanJohn). I live in Frankfort, KY (born and raised). I'm 52, married for 28 years with 4 kids (all grown) and a 6 year old granddaughter. I'm currently in my 32nd year with the KY Department of Education in technology and also own, workout and coach at Crossfit Infinity.

Started metal detecting several years ago and after a few years of digging 1,000 pull tabs I saw a YouTube video (HooverBoys) who were metal detecting in a plowed field and the farmer showed them arrowheads he had found that were thousands of years older than the stuff they were looking for. At that moment I realized the hard work of metal detecting for something a hundred years old compared to walking a field and picking up something 8,000 years old was not really a comparison. I put away the metal detector and finally found a productive use for my golf clubs by taking one of the heads off a driver and using the graphite shaft for a flint flipper I'm beginning my third year hunting. I only have a couple of permissions but I'm very lucky in that they both have camp site areas on them. Also very fortunate to live in an area that has great variety of nice material and point types. I’ve had many hobbies over the years and none are as rewarding as artifact hunting (and it costs nothing!). I've learned a ton from the members on this forum and very grateful for all of your comments and insights.

Click image for larger version  Name:	51C267BD-24AE-4ABC-94B5-4CDA274B846E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	561312
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AAF00467-E546-4E89-A0B2-C42E28A10173.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	168.2 KB ID:	561313
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-27-2022, 08:49 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations John!!! Very well deserved!! You look like Johnny on Cobra Kai! And your really kicking butt with those awesome artifacts!! Keep up the good work!!
    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

Congrats on member of the month John! Always enjoy your post and videos. You have accumulated a nice collection and look forward to seeing more additions to it. Congrats again man!
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

That’s a great story, yeah, you got the bug alright and you’ve put together quite a nice collection for just three years. Congratulations..always enjoy and learn from your videos, keep em commin.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Well deserved John, congrats!
          Cool seeing a large part of your collection.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Always enjoy your posts John. Congratulations on MOTM. I’m Just north of you 30 miles or so. Not the dedicated hunter these folks are but love the history and they are a wealth of knowledge.
            Northern Ky

Comment

• pacmanJohn
              pacmanJohn commented
              Editing a comment
              One of my 2 permissions is in Owen Co

Congrats John… always enjoy your videos and finds…👍
            Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Congrats, enjoy reading your posts and watching your videos
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Pac-Man! Finding artifacts is pretty wonderful. I am honored to be a member of this forum, and you are one of the folks who makes me feel that way!
                Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Congrats PAC MAN!
                  Keep up the good work in KY.
                  Flint
                  northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

Congratulations on member of the month
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Congrats John. Enjoy your posts!
                      Georgia

Comment

Congratulations John. I always enjoy your posts and finds! CrossFit? That’s impressive!
                        South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations John , I always enjoy your posts and your contributions to the site .
                          Ok Crossfit . I did do that about 5 years ago but after my neighbor smoked me at it and a bad ankle took me out of the game .. yeah yeah excuses .
                          I have a very similar story . I was period reading about Europe . Where most of our ancestors came from and really what it was like in the 1500’s to 1700’s .
                          My husband comes hone with a couple of points that are over 5000 years old my studies changed completely .
                          New hobby as well .
                          Just great right . I did just get a detector this last year so I do need to take that up .

Comment

• pacmanJohn
                            pacmanJohn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Picking up rocks in a plowed field is MUCH easier than digging 99 bottle caps to find one thing that might be something. I did find a Civil War Union button and a Colonial cloak button (1790s).

Hey John . Congrats ! Good having ya here man! Good Bio. And keep on kicking that dirt. U enjoy your posts also!
                          SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                          X