MOTM for July 2021 FlintEastwood/NutherOne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for July 2021 FlintEastwood/NutherOne

This is a rather special month for introducing a honorable member. Not only is it the month we celebrate our Independence! We get to honor two members this month. If you’ve been paying attention, you may figure out what I am referring to. Figure it out? Anyway, since my pizza is about done, I’m going to wrap this up.
    Please welcome Marshall, better known here as Flint Eastwood, and his son Nuther One! Thanks to both for being here!

A humble thank you from western Pennsylvania! Member of the Month is a great honor. I am positive this wonderful opportunity has come to the surface, like a fine artifact, mostly because of my stories and posts about my astonishing son. Hence, I will write this up as a duo.

My name is Marshall. You may recognize my handle Flint Eastwood. I strived to pack as much life, adventure, and kindness as possible into 38 years. I grew up a member of a large, loving family on a farm. My childhood involved fishing, hunting, sports, and arrowhead hunting. I had a couple dozen artifacts by the time I hit high school. Basketball, friends, and college hit the pause button on this fine hobby. I was a Game Warden for 10 years. I only retired from law enforcement when juggling too many jobs with a young family proved difficult. I am entering my 17th year teaching at a local elementary school. I also enjoy outdoor writing, working my way up to a senior editor of an international magazine and president of a state outdoor writing association. Most importantlly, I am father of two amazing children and husband to one loving woman. I rediscovered arrowhead hunting when my children developed the very curiosity I had when I was their age. Both my daughter and son have a knack for finding arrowheads, catching fish, and bowhunting deer (with a crossbow).

Nuther One, age 6, is a G10 kid! Nuther One's interests include arrowheads, dinosaurs, and bacon. His sports include soccer, wrestling, and t-ball. He is also an avid hunter and fisherman. Nuther One (and his father) have found more than 500 arrowheads! Nuther One loves his Mom, sister, and dog Sunny more than anything in the world. When he is not afield with Dad, he attends 1st Grade.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A2981220-9D91-4190-A4AE-42CCEBF5D746.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	194.3 KB ID:	567833
    Click image for larger version  Name:	81E772EE-022F-4FA7-951D-5DD32DF1EA28.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	187.0 KB ID:	567832
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-27-2022, 08:51 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations we are honored to have you with us. I never could see the great point in Nuther One's hand in your avatar. That is a fantastic find. You must be proud to be his dad . You have a beautiful family and we are glad you are where with us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Hoss,
      Kind words.
      That is my personal favorite piece Nuther One ever found. Funny, it only makes his top 5 or 10!

Congratulations! I enjoy your posts and your finds.
    Georgia

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Much thanks Trev! If ever my son and I brought one smile, posting his finds was worth it!

Great, congratulations to you both
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Surface,
      The ultimate compliment…it would have only meant more if it was your 10,000 post! I always appreciate your expertise and honesty.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I probably make to many posts ha. That’s the first time I have seen nutter without his hat on I had no idea he was blonde. Daddy’s boy

What a wonderful family, you all make me happy and put a smile on my face...stories like yours is what this country is..Congratulations one and all.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Hal,
      Quite kind. You my friend have a unique gift…your welcoming words always strike a heartstring or jab a funny bone.

Congrats guys, very well deserved.

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
      Flint Eastwood commented
      Editing a comment
      Glacial,
      Deepest gratitude. I am learning so much about artifacts and Native American culture from all my friends like you.

really enjoy the post of you and nuther one
    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

A better compliment there is not. That is my lil buddy! Keep taking those LongStrides across those long fields of Texas.
      Good luck out there!
      northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

What a beautiful family! I sure enjoy your posts and following Nuther One’s passion for this hobby.
        South Carolina

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Josie. You are always so kind and supportive. I just took him to Carnegie Museum the other day…he looked over the entire building for arrowheads like he does fields.

Congratulations Flint . I always enjoy your contributions to this site . Great finds and great stories .
        What a beautiful bio , it’s like reading a story about the perfect life . Well to me anyway as I love and cherish every moment in the outdoors . What an absolutely beautiful family . Congratulations on that as well ..

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Tam,
          So kind! We built our home on the family farm…no, we did not find any arrowheads when they dug the foundation.
          You should have seen Nuther One’s eyes when he saw your find of the month!

Congratulations Nuther One!!! Very generous of you to share the honor with your Pa.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol! I could not agree more…probably only because I am faster at typing!
          Thank you!

Awesome, congratulations to you both. I always enjoy seeing what you find Nuther One. 👍
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Really means a lot! And we look forward to your posts. If only I could get my photography as good as yours! (and not upside down)

Congratulations on MOTM! I’ve love reading your shared interest’s and hobbies with your son. We also share a same name I’m a Marshall also! My son sure loves bacon as well. Thanks for being a great contributor to this forum.
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          I just laughed loud enough for everyone in the room to think I’m crazy! How many Marshall’s have you ever met? I only ever met one and heard of another. He probably liked arrowheads too!

Well deserved and evey outing is a fun trip with you two, thanks for joining us and sharing your finds.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you! Could not have said it better myself. Never know what adventure, memory, or artifact will come to the surface a given day!

Congrats ! Beautiful family !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Flint Eastwood
          Flint Eastwood commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Lind-Man!
          How Nuther One and I look forward to what you unearth!
          Keep up the great work!
      Working...
      X