MOTM for November 2021 SGT.Digger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for November 2021 SGT.Digger

Hello. First of all, I’m happy to announce that I didn’t forget to organize MOTM this month. That was a big Oops. We will make up for it this month though, with a member that has shared much here. We are happy to have him. Welcome Aaron as our new MOTM. Most know him as SGT.Digger! Thanks Aaron.
    • Hello! My name is Aaron R. I live in East Tennessee in the Cumberland plateau/ escarpment area you might know me as SGT. Digger, I would like to thank the group as a whole for being productive members and sharing all the finds . This is a great place to learn and share from all over the world . There is 1000’s of years of collective knowledge here and a fun hobby site if your into collecting or deepening your knowledge. I am a Texas Transplant And have been living in Tennessee for 2 years and was an avid collector since I was a kid . There were times on 2 occasions where I’ve sold off my entire collections thinking I would never dig again but the dirt keeps calling me lol. I’m a young 43 year old and am married with one son (9) to pass my name and love of the outdoors too. I spotted a Hen of the woods growing at the base of an oak tree just today and when my son gets out of school we’re gonna pick and cook it up tonight. I try and teach my son real life skills and things he can do to survive outdoors . I have a prepper mentality and have felt the urge to move into the country and start homesteading for the past 5 years. Since moving to Tennessee I have been blessed to have access to almost 2000 acres and miles of creeks and bluff lines . I have identified well over 20 shelters and have found several village campsite s areas in the many acres of fields along the creeks , with many miles still needing to be walked . While not doing much walking I spend most of my time digging , when I’m not busy gardening or other things. There is a dozen lifetimes worth of digging here and there are at-least 3 areas I would really like to dig . Major shelters!! If I do dig them they would be Shelters 7,8,9 . I look forward to increasing my knowledge of these mountain Indians as I call them , and sharing in your experiences along the way as well. Thanks for you guys not banning me for some of my creationist views (joke) , seriously I know I’m a minority with today’s mainstream thinking but I feel that it’s healthy to entertain more than one viewpoint especially since the things that we love happened so many thousands of years ago .(or millions if that’s what you’ve learned) We have all learned what we know from someone who learned from someone who learned from someone else etc etc . The truth is in the spade of the archeologists and even the amateur like myself from time to time . Keep searching everyone and God Bless and I’ll keep posting as long as I’m living in Tennessee and beyond . PS The picture is my wife (Korean) and me in Hawaii recently having shave ice

Click image for larger version  Name:	F47F4A2C-3CDA-49CA-8264-FA60A0C059D0.jpeg Views:	235 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	597530
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-27-2022, 08:56 PM.
    South Dakota

Nice to see you added to list, good introduction
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty and you as well .

Lemme be second to congratulate you! I am honored to be member here, and love the differences in all of our personalities! What binds us together is shared passion, and you definitely got it, as well as lots n lots artifacts!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you C! Your the First Woman so you win !!!

Well Aaron ( what a great old Bible name) y’all make a fine looking couple .... 9years old, what a great age for father and son to explore the world together, good for you..You’re a blessing, I’m glad I joined up and get to meet folks like you...You’re certainly doing more than your fair share in cleaning up the planet😊..Looking forward to next post👍👍👍
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I might need your help cleaning up the planet 🌎 especially after Cop26 is over.

Hey Aaron..I enjoy following your digs....and descriptions of your finds and input.good Bio ..Congrats on MOTM!!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll try and keep em coming . I might have to do a night dig or two once they change the clocks back .

Congrats Aaron (SGT.), well deserved. Really enjoy reading your posts and looking at all the relics you have found. Spend as much time with your 9 year old as you can, they grow up way to fast! Hawaii...what a great place, my wife and I just got back from there a few months ago.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Hawaii is beautiful but very expensive to live . We lived in Kailua Oahu for almost 5 years and rent for small place was 1500$ our food bill was 900$ and all said we needed around 4000$ a month on expenses. Our car rental was 1500$ for a week on our last trip. We stayed with family so didn’t have to pay big bucks for hotel .

Congratulations
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll keep em coming,I hope you do as well.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m trying but deer season ☹️

Congratulation Aaron. It is a well deserved selection. I've enjoyed the way you present the results of your excavations. If you live on the northern part of the Plateau ( east of the area between Crossville and Rockwood) then I am familiar with much of your area as I spent most of my youth living in the Eastern Highland Rim area. There used to be some good fishing in some of those streams in the Catoosa WMA as well as deer, turkey and hog hunting. The Catoosa streams drain to the Tenn. River and east of there drain into the Cumberland River.

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks joe and I appreciate your feedback and typological help . I’m not that far up more centralized but that area is really nice , I took the backroads to Lexington and saw some awesome areas with lots of limestone rivers which means more caves and better flint than my area.

Congratulations Sarge, we enjoy reading your post and seeing your finds, your shelter living mountain Indians are fasinating
    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m gonna have to produce something on Sunday with all this pressure. Maybe a few hours

congrats...i enjoy your posts. it look's like alotta fun..
    Utah

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I tell my wife that it’s been great to get out and exercise and since I’m loosing weight she’s buying it .

• smbore
      smbore commented
      Editing a comment
      cant beat that.

Glad you accepted and well deserved Aaron. Glad you're here and sharing with us.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a nice community and I appreciate the consideration. I hope to be able to dig deeper literally and metaphorically at shelter L3 to come up with more pieces to the puzzle and figure out how early these shelters were used in this area but with major ceiling collapses it’s proving difficult. Maybe into the winter I will excavate the lower portions of shelter L3 and see what pop’s, but I believe I’ll run into immovable rocks again .

Congratulations Aaron. I always enjoy your posts about your dig sites and I look forward to all your future digs. Wishing you much continued success!
    South Carolina

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Ty and I appreciate your contributions as well.

Congrats on memeber of the month sgt digger......nice bio and enjoy seeing your posts.....thanks for accepting and look forward to more of your digs👍
    Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ll keep em coming as frequently as I can . I’m kicking myself for not doing any summer digging but my 2 Gardens was a constant distraction . My wife kept telling me to just have 1 and that I wouldn’t have time like last year and she was correct. I didn’t have much but I was bringing 5 gallon buckets 🪣 of fresh garden veggies every day. I gave away much of whatever we didn’t can. Last year we froze it all and I still have some in freezer . I also hand planted 3 different batches of corn in a separate area 🌽 a couple weeks apart huge 7-90’ rows

Congrats Digger , dug up a whole pot for us !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      On my bucket list. May be able to piece together one

Congrats Sgt., always enjoy seeing your finds!

Comment

• SGT.Digger
      SGT.Digger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank . Likewise
Working...
X