MOTM for December 2021 Mattern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for December 2021 Mattern

It’s the most wonderful time of the year. With the kids jingle belling and everyone telling you be of good cheer! It’s the most wonderful time of the year. There is also a brand new MOTM. How cool to be the honored at this time of year! I’m happy to announce Mattern as Dec MOTM. Thanks Kim for all the knowledge you share. We are happy you are here! Enjoy your month.

Thank you all. For those of you who are new to the Forum, My name is Kim Mattern. I live in central Pa. I guess my domain is the Susquehanna River Valley drainage basin. I started hunting Rocks and Artifacts when I was about 6 years old way back in 1958. I found my first relic, a Hafted Scraper, when I was 8 yrs. old, that was 63 years ago.. I, like most of you, have been hooked ever since. Also I inherited my family collection. I’m not going to brag about how many Artifacts I have. Hunting is much more than a hobby, for me it is a passion. I give respect to those who lived here long before we arrived. 99% of my finds came from surface hunting.
    I am the Curator of the Snyder County Historical Society Museum. I’m considered a Local Historian. I am an Avocational Archaeologist, and work with the Pa. State Museum lab. of historical / Pre-historical Preservation. And I do Metal Detecting as well.
    But enough about me. Until I found Arrowheads.com, about a year and a half ago I really didn’t have many like minded friends. What you all have given me back is amazing. You accepted me into your family. We have prayed together for those in need and you all have supported me when I am in need. We have laughed and learned together. You have made my life better and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. If you're relatively new here, you're in good hands. This is a wonderful group of knowledgeable men and women. And now Special thanks to our Moderators, who keep this all going strong. I might mention that this site is self supporting; your financial contributions to Arrowheads.com would be greatly appreciated, and will go a long way. That was an UNsolicited message. And lastly I love you all and there isn’t a Damn thing you can do about it. Happy Hunting Yuall. Kim

Click image for larger version  Name:	72218BE3-DD28-4BAC-9650-9307E960EC02.jpeg Views:	492 Size:	129.9 KB ID:	603249
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-27-2022, 08:57 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Kim! I always enjoy your contributions! Show us more of your collection.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie check out my Parfletch.

Congratulations!. Well said Kim ..I like that pendant your wearing around your neck...Nice manicure 😉
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Cheers Kim! Always learn something new from your posts and enjoy your unique personality.
      South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Calab My friend.

Well deserved! Congrats Kim, always look forward to seeing your finds. Stay after them.

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do and thank you GP.

Thanks Kim for your contributions! we enjoy your posts
      2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah gee, that's nice Thanks LS.

Congrats Kim and glad Your Here.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Joshin. I couldn't think of a better place to be.

Congrats and ~~ keep um coming ~~👍
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do.

Congratulations Kim, well deserved and glad you have joined us and even gladder you've stuck around and shared.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you Greg, I appreciate that.

Congrats Kim!...well deserved...I enjoy your posts and artifact knowledge....your a valued asset to the site ! Good bio man!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        AH Shucks Red I'm blushing!

I could tell by your contributions that you are an experienced, knowledgeable, and savvy voice of reason in this forum. Nice.
      Cayuga County, NY Finger Lakes Region

Comment

Congrats Kim it's good having you with us.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Congratulations and so well deserved. I always enjoy your posts and I agree that this is a great site to learn and share.
          Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

• Mattern
            Mattern commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks fldwlkr.

Kim , congratulations! I am very impressed in your involvement with the historical societies .
          I truly enjoy your heartfelt posts .
          You are a wonderful member .

Comment

• Mattern
            Mattern commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh gee wizz Tam thank you!

Congratulations Kim, well deserved 👍
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Mattern
            Mattern commented