MOTM for January 2022 TexAg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for January 2022 TexAg

Okay, Who turned the lights off! I had this posted a couple of days ago, but will redo it. I won’t repeat everything I said, but I do want to reintroduce our newest MOTM. This is a good way to start the new year. Michael has been an active member, an we are glad to have him. Thanks for all you do Michael. Welcome TexAg
    as our MOTM. Happy New Year everyone!

Hello everyone, my name is Mike (Aka TexAg). My wife and I have been retired for several years and live in Midland County, TX. Dad taught us boys to love the great outdoors at a young age. We camped, hunted, and fished together as often as we could. He took up arrowhead hunting again after I graduated from college and, regrettably, I never got the chance to go with him before he passed. He told us about finding arrowheads in the oil fields near Big Spring, TX when he was a boy.I guess I never gave them much thought back then.

Over my career in the oil patch, I worked in LA, CO, KS, and TX. I continued with the hunting and fishing hobbies, finding “honey holes” on public land and obtaining permission on private land. And, I probably walked over many artifacts in those days as my focus was always up ahead on my bird dogs or the next pool in the stream. If I only knew then what I know now!

A couple of years ago, a friend from church asked me to come out and walk his ranch and help him catalog Native American artifacts he had been finding there. Boy, did that turn into a new passion! On my 4th trip there, I found my 1st point a perfectly made Washita Peno. I jumped around with joy for about 5 minutes and had a big smile all day! It’s my avatar on the forum. Of course, being a newbie, I typed it as something else. A guy named Lindenmeier-Man kindly corrected me, and I am blessed today to call JJ a very good friend and mentor. He invited me to hunt some of his permission farms and I realized how much I had yet to learn.

I often say that artifact hunting is much like hunting, fishing, metal detecting, and panning for gold (although I haven’t tried that yet!). You are always exploring newground in hopes of finding the good stuff. With a lot of effort, I’ve been able to put together some nice permission sites within driving distance. I rotate my hunts to keep it fresh, and check the weather forecast for the best days to go. I guess I am turning into my Dad & Grandad as I look at the forecast multiple times each day.

This forum has helped me in so many ways. I enjoy seeing what y’all are finding and practice typing the points when I can. Everyone is so supportive and it’s great to be a part of this community. I feel honored to be named Member of the Month. The Find of the Month Contest is a blast as well. May luck be with you and your points always be whole!

Click image for larger version  Name:	7CA95274-979F-4AAF-A742-11D89C55C636.jpeg Views:	230 Size:	71.8 KB ID:	608676
    Last edited by SDhunter; 02-27-2022, 08:58 PM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations Mike; well deserved 👍
    🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mike,

Congrats Mike good to have you with us.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s great to be here, Hoss. Thanks for all that you do for this website!

Congrats Mike, well deserved and glad your here sharing with us.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg.

Hey Mike, Congrats to a great MOTM! You lucky guy: you get two MOTM in just a few days.
    Hey Gary, Thanks for bringing this back up quickly.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Ron, I am lucky!

Congrats Mike ! You’ve come along way in a short time !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks JJ, it’s been a great ride.

Congrats Michael! Really enjoy reading your posts and looking at the relics you find.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you much paohrocks, I enjoy your posts as well.

Congratulations, always neat to see what you find
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks and likewise willjo.

Congrats Mike. You Texas folk have an absolute hotbed of artifacts...glad to have you with us!
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Frank, we certainly have a lot to look at.

congratulations.
    Utah

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks smbore.

Congratulations Mike. I always enjoy seeing your Texas finds. Keep finding and keep showing! And what a great mentor you have.
    South Carolina

Comment

• TexAg
      TexAg commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a lot Josie, I enjoy seeing your finds as well. And amen to that!

You are a good guy, TexAg… I can tell!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Thank you Cecelia!
      Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

Congratulations. It's just been a handful of times I've been able to tag along, but I've learned a lot. You might have a lot to learn, as you said, but you also have a lot to teach.
        Things just keep getting better. Midland Co., TX

Comment

• TexAg
          TexAg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tex, I always enjoy your company.

Always enjoy those dune Insitu finds. 👍👍
        South Carolina

Comment

• TexAg
          TexAg commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Knapper, they are my favorite finds.
      Working...
      X