MOTM for March 2022. Flintguy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for March 2022. Flintguy

Sometimes a guy blinks, and a whole month goes by. February was one of those months, but March isn’t going to be. We have big news to share. This site is blessed with lots of people that share their time and knowledge with others, so we can all learn. It takes everyone to keep it going. Mike has been helping to keep it going much to everyone’s benefit. I think I also remember that he took second place in Painshill’s Christmas contest. That was no small feat. So, let’s welcome Mike, AKA flintguy as this month’s honoree!

Hello everyone, I'd like to thank Arrowheads.com for nominating me as member of the month. My real name is Mike (Flintguy). I grew up and still live in Central Ohio. I run my own small business that I started about 20 years ago, shortly after graduating from college and realizing I couldn't do the corporate thing, I just wasn't a “desk guy”. I've always had a love of history, science and art. Little did I know that finding my first arrowhead five years ago was going to lead to an obsession that combines those three things into one hobby. To think that a rock was worked into a beautiful sculpture, was thousands of years old and was done so using an understanding of shock waves (energy) traveling through a stone to produce just the right reaction, was endlessly fascinating. I found that first artifact while out with my son. He would always want to go find a frog or explore the creek. We were skipping stones when I reached down and picked up an arrowhead. That was it, hooked. Went back and found a few more that summer. Beginners luck I guess, because now a good whole point is hard to come by these days. Between living in a crowed city with no farm land, running a business and raising kids...artifact hunting time and fruitful land is at a minimum. But instead of losing interest I have just learned to love my “lesser finds”. Casually worked side scrapers or my weird looking cores turned into tools still excite me when found (sorry if I post too many of them). I have learned so much on this site from many members and have been sent down countless rabbit holes of research after your posts. Thanks again for having me on board.
    Last edited by SDhunter; 05-24-2022, 11:55 AM.
    South Dakota

Nice to meet you Mike..No rock shown is a bother to anyone who loves rocks. Always enjoy your posts.. Never stop..Sounds like you’re living a balanced life 👍
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Hal.

Just a side note, Benji won the contest SD. I wish I did but finish second.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• SDhunter
      SDhunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I will fix that

Congrats Mike, well deserved and glad you are here.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Greg.

Every one here is important Mike. You the man for this month, Congratulations!!You have become more than just a member. K
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• flintguy
      flintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kim. Appreciate it.

Congrats, Mike!

well deserved!
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Thanks Jethro.
      Central Ohio

Comment

chingon Mike!!!
        In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

Congrats Mike , I always enjoy your contributions .
          Are you kidding me !!! Painshill deal . I had kids running around and backing off from xmas cookie attacks .
          Congratulations on that .
          Can you give me a couple answers

Comment

• flintguy
            flintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you Tam, I think you were the first person on here I got to know a little bit when you reached out in a pm message. Made me feel welcomed. As far as the quiz answers, willing to share. 🙂

Congratulations Mike! I always enjoy your finds and especially your encouraging and polite comments on others finds. I hope warmer weather is on its way and you’ll be able to get out to hunt a bit this spring!
          South Carolina

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Josie. Planning on a weekend hunt. I'll get out even if it's cold.
            Central Ohio

Comment

Congratulations. Your an upstanding person. Best to u and urs

Rick
              Missouri

Comment

congratulations...
                Utah

Comment

Congratulations on Member of the Month. Well deserved.
                  Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Congratulations Flintguy
                    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

• flintguy
                      flintguy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, I don't think I've seen you post in awhile.
                  Working...
                  X