No announcement yet.

MOTM for March 2022. Flintguy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoy reading your posts Mike. Totally understand why you wouldn't want to fly a desk job. Thanks for making arrowheads.com a better place.
    South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations Mike; well deserved. Always look forward to your post and your finds 👍
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Congrats Flintguy…. Always like your posts, you find some interesting pieces… keep kick’n dirt, can’t wait to see the “ mother” of all artifacts that one day, you will stumble upon…..👍
        Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks North. It's coming. I'm over due. Have a feeling there will be some nice ones this year. Lots of flooding.

Congrats Mike
        east Tx.

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hudson.

Congratulations flintguy
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Hoss. You run a great site here, a tight ship that is filled with knowledgeable moderators and members that share accurate info. I appreciate the work that goes into it.

It looks like I'm late to the party, Mike. I got so use to checking in Feb. and coming up a blank that I didn't check back till today. I'm usually at fault when I'm late but this time I can blame it on Gary/SD Hunter. (l0l) Anyhow I want to add my congratulations to the pile you've already received. You've been a positive force on our forum and I'm glad you are here. Regarding your difficulty in locating sites to hunt. Maybe someone who lives in your neck of the woods will give you advice on where you can get out of town and find some sites. Sometimes one has to spend some time driving around and looking for potential sites and then find the land owner and ask permission to hunt or cross his property. Another resource would be to check and see if there is a chapter of the state archeological society near you. Most states have such organizations. Meet friends who share the same interest.

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Joe, those are kind words. Good advice. I actually did get permission to hunt on some farm land about an hour away. Going to go after they plow in a few weeks. Wish me luck.

Congratulations Mike, you live in a state that should have plenty of artifacts, Saw plenty in museum at Flint Ridge
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, they are here, I just need to find more. 🙂

Congrats Mike !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks L man.

Congratulations! FlintGuy, I really enjoyed what you wrote. I surely can relate to how you came upon this passion by default; instead of having an epiphany while skipping stones, I had mine while hounding rocks. Your prior interests in history, science, and art shared, and together all that we already were formed natural springboard into this wonderful forum. Also, I get awed by anything touched by Human hands eons ago—- even spalls! You post away any of those “boring” lil lesser tools because boring lil lesser folks like me love, love, love them!
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Very nice post Cecilia,. Thank you. I agree, my mind was just waiting to get triggered by this hobby. If you like my little tools, you probably won't be disappointed, I'm sure they are coming soon. 🙂. Also, I too love finding spalls and cores. Always pick them up and enjoy looking at them. The odd tools hold all the character and mystery.

Congratulations Mike! I appreciate your posts and am especially grateful that you typed my Merkle dart point I found back in February. Best of luck on your hunt for permission property and the artifacts they hold!
        Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Tex. I actually learned something from that post. I had to look up the range of the Merkel. Was surprised to see how far south they were found before I suggested it.

Hey flint congratulations
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks surface. Good to see you back on here.

Congrats Flintguy, always enjoy seeing your finds!

Comment

Thanks Glacial. Hopefully I'll have something decent to share soon enough.
          Central Ohio

Comment

Congratulations flintguy ....
            In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

Thanks Tenoch.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Working...
              X