MOTM for April 2022 Garguy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for April 2022 Garguy

I’m excited to be able to introduce yet another member that we are fortunate to have here contributing. Someone that has a lot of experience and knowledge is always valuable to us. Steve is one of those. We are glad you are here to help all those wanting to learn more about our hobby. Thanks for all that you do. Please welcome Garguy as MOTM!

I am honored to be considered for Member Of The Month. My name is Steve Barclay. I'm 58 years old and I grew up in East TX, hunting ,fishing, and artifact hunting with my Dad. Dad is a lifetime collector of artifacts and still kicking at 85 years old.

I have always done things in a rather big way... big deer, big gar, big alligators etc. After a serious illness in the late 90s, I was given a short time to live. Dad had recently had 4 bypasses and I decided to leave the corporate World and live life. Dad and I bought a property with a really good site and we started excavating it. We knew we would never get it done by hand so I began designing a power screen. I'm on the 10th generation of that screen now and it is near perfection. We excavated about 2 acres of that site and found over 30,000 points!

Here we are 25 years later and the Good Lord has allowed us to live and prosper through many adventures and a dozen large excavations. I rarely post my finds online but love seeing others folks finds, sharing knowledge, and helping new hunters.
    Thanks for a great site! Steve Barclay the GarGuy
    Click image for larger version  Name:	59ADA5AA-3F37-4124-B608-0E61DCF8B363.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.6 KB ID:	624069

Click image for larger version  Name:	3933071B-F976-4985-ABA5-2CDE155D0864.jpg Views:	0 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	624072
    Attached Files
    South Dakota

Congratulations Garguy I enjoy all of your posts. Thanks for being a part of Arrowheads.com
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I'm glad you are still kicking dirt and not buckets. 😉

Always enjoy your posts and the knowledge you share. 👍👍
      South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations and good for you guys....Y’all got it right 👍
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Congrats and glad to have you with us.
          keep kick’n dirt and dad looks like he can kick dirt as well… awesome artifacts for sure….
          keep um coming and share them here….✌️
          Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Congratulations, Steve.
            Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Congrats Steve, You know I like to read your posts and ogle your finds. What's for supper? Gar or Sloth?
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Garguy
                Garguy commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol. Deer

Congratulations Steve. I noticed that you came in with a lot of knowledge and have enjoyed your input on this site.
              Central Ohio

Comment

Congrats Steve.! Glad you are here and share your finds and knowledge with us.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Nice to have you here Steve, congratulations
                  South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congratulations, Garguy. Always enjoy your contributions and sense of humor.
                    South Carolina

Comment

second the thanks Steve, we really enjoy your post about Texas artifacts, congratulations
                      2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Wow! Simply amazing.
                        You make me want to contact the local bulldozer salesman!
                        A life well lived.
                        Flint
                        northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

Congratulations, and it'd great to see the "Sloth Slayers" make a reappearance.
                          Coastal Plain of Maryland

Comment

• Garguy
                            Garguy commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I was just petting them yesterday.

Wow....very nice bio....i wish you all many more years to do the things you love.....congrats on member of the month Garguy
                          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
                          X