No announcement yet.

MOTM for April 2022 Garguy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

congratulations from utah. look's like some nice point's wow 30,000 i kin just imagine the peices you've collected.
    Utah

Comment

Its good to see you as member of the month. Very well deserved . We still need to set a date to meet up . Congrats !
      east Tx.

Comment

• Garguy
        Garguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I'm around lufkin quite a bit.

Congratulations on being our MOTM. A very impressive collection and glad you are with us sharing your knowledge. Wow! That is a big alligator gar. It is great that you and your dad are able to share times together.

Comment

• Garguy
        Garguy commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you. That's just a single frame although it has some favorites in it. I have a pretty large personal find collection. I would guess well over 100 frames and then cabinets of boxed up artifacts.

Some days I will go through a few boxes that I haven't seen in years and it's almost as good as going digging. Like finding them all over again.

• sailorjoe
        sailorjoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I appreciate your thanks. I only put a few of m very best finds in frames. The rest I kept in old cigar boxes with those that could be subject to damage wrapped in tissue paper. That was many years ago. I am of your father's generation. As I have said may times in the past, because of personal circumstances I had to sell the bulk of my collection intact to one buyer but I kept a few out to pass on to my son who is about your age who would sometimes go with me on hunts when he was a child. As for your collection, amazing, and I can imagine the thrill of re-discovery when you once again view your old finds. All my finds were personal finds I got while plodding many miles along river banks and plowed fields. i have four points that I was gifted a few years ago by one of our forum members. Perhaps I will take some pictures and talk about them on our forum some day.

Congrats Garguy, certainly well deserved!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

In the past few days I have posted a few finds on the favorites thread. I may continue to post a few along. We will see how it goes.

Comment

I almost missed this Steve. So a big congratulations' , your a good man my friend. Great Pict of you and Dad. Kim
          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

GarFish…. Of course!
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              I am slow but steady study!

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              just a side note, I used to have pet gars when I was a kid. Would catch them at the creek and bring them home to a fresh water tank. Very fascinating fish. They ate so much live bait I had to let them go eventually. 😏

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              I have kept pet gar for many years . I only have two right now. They are both in the 130lb range. I had a bunch of big ones but they are all in Bass Pro Shop aquariums now. If you ever go in a Bass Pro store and see a giant gar... I caught him.

Congratulations Steve! I always enjoy reading your post and appreciate the knowledge and experience that you share with us. I can’t wait to see some more of y’all’s screen finds from Texas! Ryan
            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              I been posting a few. Some on the favorites thread and a bunch on the drill Friday thread.

Well, I finally saw this just now. Congratulations Steve, well deserved. Looking forward to your comments and advice as I continue up the learning curve.
            Midland Co, TX - "My neck hurts from looking down!"

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              You are doing pretty dang good. A Folsom will come your way out there eventually.

In that framed set are those a few wells in there?

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Yessir. I like wells

Okay, I’m very late to the party… I just saw your much-deserved honor Steve. Congrats! You have always been a great resource for me as well as one of this artifact hunter’s biggest cheerleaders when it comes to digging. Hope to see you at the Temple show in a few weeks. Congratulations again on your selection as MOTM for April 2022!

Comment

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! Things got kinda weird around here lately. Dad gonna have surgery on a cancer in his ear. Was supposed to be tomorrow but they pushed it to next week. Been going to Houston drs non stop. I hope he is able to make temple this year

• Garguy
              Garguy commented
              Editing a comment
              I forgot to say BOOO! LOL

I just saw this as I somehow must have missed it, anyways Congratulations Steve. Your adventures of hunting, fishing and all things outdoors are what I live for. Well Done Sir!!

Comment

Always love to see your posts Gar, I remember those sloth slayer points from another forum. I hope you take lots of pictures to post when you go through those boxes again! Congrats on MOTM for April. I’m late to the party…

Comment

Congrats Gar, Your Posts over The Years have been enjoyable. There was an old Video of The shaker thing and points being rinsed in a can I still remember and that frame of Points is quite nice!
                http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Boy talk about being late . I love your posts and can add you live quite the life there .
                  congrats on MOTM .
                  I do have poor connection at my new home .

Comment

• Garguy
                    Garguy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Better late than never. Lol. Thank you
                Working...
                X