MOTM for August 2022. PaleoSnow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for August 2022. PaleoSnow

It is always enjoyable to me, to be able to help recognize a member on our site that does their part to make this a place to learn and have fun seeing all the artifacts that are being found. There are endless opportunities here and Chad is our newest member to honor. He helps keep our site alive. Please say hello to PaleoSnow!

Hello to all!
    First and Foremost….WOW! I feel honored and i am very grateful to have been chosen as MOTM!

My name is Chad. Born and raised in the piney woods of Cass County, North East Texas mainly roaming the woods and wilderness like some sort of a wildman. I currently reside in South West Arkansas right in the heart of Caddo country. Im just a rock kicking, log flipping, flint finding, hard working southern man with a love and passion for Native American artifacts that i thank my late Grandfather for teaching me about, introducing me to and sparking my interest in what has shaped and become a part of my every day life. Ive spent the past 30 yrs searching for and collecting Native American artifacts. Im very passionate and serious about the hobby and spend most all my free time in search of NA artifacts. I also collect anything NA themed or related including old comics, cards, coins, documents, books, spoons, signs, advertisements, and so much more. I enjoy exploring new and potential places, creek walking, kayaking, searching the rivers and bluffs nearby and just talking and visiting with the local old timers who are a wealth of knowledge and history on the area. When im not doing those things i enjoy bass fishing, bow fishing, fossil hunting, bear hunting, camping and UTV rides in the mountains. As long as im outdoors and in the wilderness im a happy man. When i am indoors i like to use that time to research, read, and enjoy checking up with you guys on the forum here. Im so grateful to be a member on here and this has become a very valuable tool for me as well as just having liked minded people with similar interest to talk to. Thanks to every single member here, i have been treated with nothing but respect, honesty, kindness and been given so much great information and different ideas and views that have helped me in areas I struggle with. Im always trying to learn as much as possible and hope i can also help some folks out along the way.

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL. Im truly proud and honored to be chosen as MOTM

Click image for larger version  Name:	D3496E41-0141-41D6-9091-3A9AD1247CFE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.9 KB ID:	648419
    Last edited by SDhunter; 08-01-2022, 08:21 AM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations on the honor and nice having you on forum
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Will. Im really honored and still excited to be MOTM.

Very cool, glad to have you onboard!
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Clovis! Glad you are as well.

Congrats. We have a lot in common. Beautiful young lady on your arm too

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      I have to comment on that, Thank You! That is my daughter, the love of my life, my inspiration, my baby girl! Biologically, shes not. But ive been there and watched that pretty girl grow up from just 18 months old, to the beautiful intelligent young woman she is today and shes done nothing but love me and make me proud the whole way! Moving her into her college dorm in 2 weeks actually. A very exciting day but also kind of sad. They just grow up to fast. But that is one reason i chose that picture, she is a BIG part of my life. She used to come home from day care with pockets full of rocks and we would sit down and look at and talk about all of our “harrow-heads”, she called them. Nowadays, if theres bugs, spiders, snakes, gators, wasps…….shes out! But im 100% sure that she will have a really nice collection one day and not have to work as hard for it like somebody did!

Very cool bio Chad ...You coulda fooled me..I had no idea you were passionate about finding, collecting..😂...Congratulations!!!
    Floridaboy.

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      😂. Well i have to dial it back sometimes! Thats what i like about all you guys though, we all speak the same language! What did we ever do without this ole internet gizmo?

Hey Chad, Congrats on being chosen MOTM. I always enjoy seeing your finds and reading your posts.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron! I enjoy sharing with you all and i do apologize if some of my stories turn into books. 12 years of working graveyards and alot of idle time……i can get long winded sometimes!

Congratulations Chad! I always enjoy your posts and finds.
    South Carolina

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Josie! I enjoy yours as well. You are very kind and have a big heart, im sure you are loved by many members here.

Well deserved and congrats!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you much Greg. Im not sure if I deserve it or not, but i gladly accept. Being MOTM kind of inspires me to learn more, and take in all i can from the seniors on here. That way i can pay it forward to new and upcoming members who need help and advice on here. Im fairly knowledgeable in some areas but struggle in a few others. I wish i had this tool back 25-30 years ago! You guys are awesome!

• gregszybala
      gregszybala commented
      Editing a comment
      Why we are all here Chad, to enjoy, to learn and or help others do the same. Good you're of like mind.

Oh, I have been known to do a little bowfishing too.

Comment

• PaleoSnow
      PaleoSnow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thats cool Gar. We may have already or may someday cross paths! If we ever do, im sure there would be plenty of stories and such to share.

Thanks for all your help, thoughts and advice youve given me. You are very knowledgeable on artifacts and being from the same region is a tremendous help.

I actually had some bowfishing dvds out for a while. All the big chains sold them.

Comment

Congrats on the MOTM

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks bud! Greatly appreciated. I really feel at home even more now and glad i could share my bio and be congratulated from you all.

Congrats, well deserved!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you very much!

Congrats. I can see in the background they are just about to announce u as member of the month.
      Thanks for all ur input it's how I learn
      Rick
      Missouri

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Rick, ive learned so much from this forum and been given great views or ideas about things that have opened my eyes and made me think outside the box. Yall are great

Cheers my friend!!
      You should show us some curiosities of your collection ..... Congratulations keep hoarding!!!
      In chimalli in macahuitl

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks a ton Tenoch. Ive purchased alot of “curiosities” lately while i was down with Covid and lung problems, stuck home bored. Hope to share them soon. Thanks bud!

Congrats on member of the month paleosnow......well deserved.....nice bio.......good luck out there on future hunts.
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• PaleoSnow
        PaleoSnow commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Benji. I bet i typed and edited that bio ten times before i was satisfied with it! I like reading other peoples bios as well and it helps me “know” them a little better it seems. Im honored to be MOTM though. Thanks
    Working...
    X