MOTM for November 2022, Pickwick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for November 2022, Pickwick

I’m happy to be able to introduce a member this month, that has been helpful in keeping our forum strong and interesting. It takes lots of active members to keep a site like this running smoothly. I’d like to thank Kraig for his help and contributions. Welcome Pickwick as MOTM.

Hello! My name Kraig, I live in St. Louis, MO with my girlfriend, Erica. Although St. Louis is 'home,' I spend the majority of my time elsewhere. I was a professional chef for 11 years. Two years ago, I decided to turn in my knives and pursue my dreams of becoming an Alaskan fisherman. I packed a backpack and bought a one-way ticket to Sitka, AK. It didn't take long to find a job as a salmon troller. After the salmon season, I traveled to Half Moon Bay, CA for the Dungeness crab season. Crab fishing ended in early spring, which gave me a few short months to visit family and friends before returning to Alaska to get the boat ready for the next salmon season. When I say visit family and friends, I mean free places to stay while I travel around Tennessee and Missouri looking for artifacts😁
    I got into artifact hunting a few years ago.... I left St. Louis for a 2 week vacation to visit family and do some fishing in Tennessee. When I arrived, I discovered my fishing spot was closed, because of COVID. I wasn't going to let a fence and a few barricades stop me, so I parked 2 miles downriver and walked to my fishing spot. It was great, I had the whole place to my self. After a few hours of fishing, the water suddenly started dropping. I decided to call it a day and walk back to my vehicle. Along the way, i spotted an arrowhead where the water had receded. It was a perfect Pickwick point. On my walk back, I came across probably two dozen points, axes and other artifacts. It dawned on me that no one had been there for weeks, the Spring floods had washed a bunch of artifacts out and because of COVID(and the barricades), no one had been there to find them ....ever since that day, I have been obsessed with learning about first people to set foot on this land. I often wonder whether we are better off today than they were 10,000yrs ago...
    Thank you to everyone who has helped me out over the past 2 years. I've learned almost everything i know about artifacts on this site. There are many members with tons of knowledge and experience and i feel lucky to be able ask questions and get a factual answer.

Cheers!

Click image for larger version  Name:	D957E9B3-1735-47EA-811A-2E6440102E27.jpg Views:	422 Size:	154.6 KB ID:	661166

Click image for larger version  Name:	E339A107-B8B4-4575-A97D-4129032B5857.jpg Views:	320 Size:	217.9 KB ID:	661167
    Last edited by SDhunter; 04-02-2023, 09:47 AM.
    South Dakota

Congratulations
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Congrats Pickwick!!
      Professor Shellman
      Tampa Bay

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, professor!

Awesome Pickwick!

I love sushi but take smaller bites next time.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Narrow Way Knapper
        Narrow Way Knapper commented
        Editing a comment
        😆

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        I love me some sushi, too! All you can eat on the boat😁

Congratulations..So happy for you..livin your dream, Riding the winds of life wherever they blow.👍🇺🇸.
      Floridaboy.

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Hal! Winds of life...I love it!

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, ole Hal knows bout that hot air….

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        😇.

Congratulations Kraig. Good to have you onboard!
      Last edited by Hoss; 11-30-2022, 04:57 PM.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, Hoss! Good to be on board!

Well, I know who's cooking if there's ever an Arrowheads.com kill it and grill it get together. 😉

Always enjoy your posts Pickwick. 😊
      South Carolina

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        You kill it I'll grill it. I kill, I grill it, too, lol

• Hal Gorges
        Hal Gorges commented
        Editing a comment
        😂😂😂..👌🇺🇸.

Congrats! That’s awesome Kraig! Keep on the hunt and living the dream my friend! No time is better than now.
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, no time life the present

Congrats and well deserved Kraig. Thanks for being here and sharing with us.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Pickwick
        Pickwick commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Greg, glad to be here!

Congrats Kraig, keep up the good work!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Congrats Pickwick. Cheers!
        North Central Kentucky

Comment

Congratulations on being selected MOTM .
          What a very interesting life story Kraig !
          I love it .
          That Covid story with the absence of people is so cool . I know I experienced Mother Nature changing in Hawaii with no one for months .
          The water got clear with total beach and hotel closers . Special places had fish come back along with the predator chain .
          It was indeed glorious to observe as was your hunt on the river .

Comment

Congrats Pickwick- very cool story 👍🏻
            Georgia

Comment

Congrats Kraig! What an adventure you are living.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Hi Kraig and congratulations for your MOTM selection. Did sharks get chomps out of the salmon you were trolling for?

Comment

• Pickwick
                  Pickwick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's correct Joe... salmon sharks, cousins of the great white and mako sharks. We eventually caught the one that was following us around eating our fish. He was delicious 😋
              Working...
              X