MOTM for February 2023, Kaz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTM for February 2023, Kaz

We’re back, and better than ever. Well, so we miss a month now and then. We seem to always have a member that makes up for it the following month. No exception this time either. Keith has been with us for quite some time, and we finally get to know him a little better. It’s always a pleasure to learn a little more about someone. This month we get to know Kaz. Thanks for being here and sharing what you can. Everyone welcome Kaz.

Hi all. Thank you for choosing me as MOTM.
    My name is Keith but my friends used to always call me Kaz , based on a shortened version of my last name. I have been a fisherman and hunter my whole life. Artifact hunting came later. I have a few older gentleman friends that taught me about artifacts and the fact that you can still go looking and actually find them. When I was young I didn’t even know there were arrowheads made from quartz and now that’s mostly what I find. It’s nice to have a site like this to share some of my findings as it’s not something I discuss with many people. Growing up in the seventies on Long Island I wish I knew then what I have learned. My friend Reggie that passed away a few years ago and was in his 90s grew up digging for artifacts with his uncle Roy Latham. Roy told him he was born too late and had missed all the good hunting. I’m glad they left a few for me to find.

Click image for larger version  Name:	AA931730-4788-458C-93CA-AB4039CB9455.jpg Views:	364 Size:	140.1 KB ID:	674070

Click image for larger version  Name:	70317D5A-600C-4C31-8D9E-980EA42948BC.jpg Views:	315 Size:	19.7 KB ID:	674071

Last edited by SDhunter; 04-02-2023, 09:49 AM.
    South Dakota

Hey Keith, Congrats on MOTM. I always enjoy your finds and your stone artwork.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Kaz
      Kaz commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Ron

Well deserved Keith.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It's good to have you with us Keith! Always enjoy seeing your art work. 😊🐟
      South Carolina

Comment

Congratulations Kaz , the fishing looks great, your rock carvings are inspiring
        2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

congratulations..
          Utah

Comment

Hi Keith. I am glad that you are a member of out forum. Your contributions are appreciated by all. Looks like you got a salmon in Alaska.

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you joe Yes I caught a bunch of salmon u there. Four different types

Congratulations Keith! I love checking MOTM and getting to see a face and hear a little background about our fellow members. Makes me feel a little close to the community. But we are grateful to have you and those are some great fishing pictures! Once again, Hats off to you Kaz!

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks a lot

Congratulations Kaz .. I too enjoy your posts and what you contribute to this forum .
            Loving that salmon !!!

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Tam

Finally Keith, Congratulations, well deserved. You are an asset to arrowheads.com , I think we'll keep you . LOL Do you smoke those Salmon? If so ,,,how do you keep them lit? Big fish, great Picts. Kim
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Kim. I have been known to smoke some fish. We released all the ones we caught up there.

Congrats on the honor Kaz. It is good to have you on board with us.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Kaz
              Kaz commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Hoss

Congrats on MOTM. Always enjoy your creations and finds!
            South Carolina

Comment

Congrats and well deserved, it's great to have you here.
              Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Congrats on motm and we'll deserved Kaz
                Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Where did I go!? Yes, yes, absolutely MOTM!!! You could prolly pick up additional accolade as AAHA (Annual Artist ArrowHeads.com)!

As tribute to Kaz FisherMan, show lil bigmouth Daughter caught yesterday:

Click image for larger version  Name:	71EC30D2-7953-43A5-994C-0C96BCE4676E.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.9 KB ID:	679042
                  She is avid FisherPerson! You ever kiss your catch?! (“Mama, never kiss a catfish!”). We took charter outta Sitka when she was 12 yrs old—- just two lil boats of 4 with guide. She was only one of all us caught fish, big, big old salmon (bout 50 yrs—— kinda made me sad when guide helped her pull it aboard, whacked in head!) We pulled over teeny tiny island, he showed us how/where pull/pick rhubarb while he made fire, cooked, all 8 of us ate that fish and delicious rhubarb!
                  Last edited by Cecilia; 03-05-2023, 10:40 AM.
                  Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
                  X