X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our East Coast friends

In listening to our local news and checking the internet
    my hopes and prayers go out .
    I hope everyone has extra food and power to keep them fueled and warm .
    Lets is all know you are ok and surviving .

And I didn’t have my reading glasses.
    by the time the news makes it to Hawaii it sounded so grim .
    How many deaths and power outages .
    WHAT I MEANT TO SAY ...
    let us know you are all ok .

Comment

Nice Tam. Saw the news last night. You folks on the East coast had it pretty rough.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Talked to family in CT they were all fine. I hope our forum friends are all fine too
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

All's swell that ends well here, thank you. It ranked as a "bomb cyclone", something I've never heard of prior, and due to how far the baraometer dropped in a 24 hour period. In this case, that meant what they are calling one of the most intense winter storms ever seen on the East Coast.

Personally, it seemed like an intense Nor'easter, a bad storm, but nothing I have not seen many times over the years. 14.1" for us, and now I have to go unbury my car. But the snow drifted in an advantageous way, and the plow did a good job in our parking lot. Gotta bundle up, and keep dreaming of Spring.

We did see a wind gust of 99mph in Charlestown, RI, but only about 50mph here. Thanks for your well wishes. We kept our power. No sleeping in my long johns, lol....
          Last edited by CMD; 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM.
          Rhode Island

Comment

Woke up to 16 degrees & sunny in coastal Virginia. Power is restored & I just can't get excited about digging out my car. We have a clear path between the house & my husband's ham radio shack, ensuring he gets fed! Our drive has been plowed but even the USPS didn't make the trek yesterday. That old poem about "neither sleet, snow or dark of night..." no longer applies. 5 degrees tonight...
            Child of the tides

Comment

Glad to hear everyone made it . After CDM posts about the storm and millibars I understood what creates it .
              last night 2 people ask what the heck is a bomb ?!$,.
              storm . I resite what was posted in detail . There is a silence in the house and everyone stares at me .
              It was a wonderful moment 👏 I knew you people had the fortitude and would make it ...

Comment

There's something insanely wrong when a 5'1" little old lady has to clean snow off $60,000+ worth of vehicles parked in the driveway while 35 yr old TV sets, computers & boxes of junk & old magazines stay toasty warm in our garage. I am NOT in s good mood today!
                Child of the tides

Comment

I hope that everyone stays safe and warm. Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook_1515117144301.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	279683 Because this would suck. Click image for larger version

Name:	facebook_1515117056940.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	279684
                  Bruce
                  In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hope you guys are doing ok. Sounds like at least you have power. That’s good. Worst thing is, it’s cutting into your arrowhead hunting! Stay Warm!
                    South Dakota

Comment

Gary I can’t wait to see what the beach has now up around Deb now .
                      Ok Bruce that dog is a good one ... I am sending that to some friends

Comment

Working...
                      X