Met a new neighbor today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met a new neighbor today.

This morning I woke up at 3 am . I could not go back to sleep. I went into my room at 7 am and started taking off more of the wall so I can re sheet rock, wire and insulate an area of wall that had some water damage years back . The home is older and I have been updating electric and insulation. ANyway by 9:30 I was feeling burnt out so I decided to take a walk around my new neighborhood. I walk just three houses away and a dog named Jack meets me in the road barking and his Mom calls him to get back in the yard. I look in the direction where he goes and my neighbors are in the driveway and the lady asks me for help. She had just brounght home her husband from the Hospital and he is older than me and I am not quite sure what ails him but he had a hard time standing and walking . I went over helped him up from the chairs he was seated in and got him started with his walker. I then followed with the chair and his wife held him up with a lap belt. I told him to just take his time and let her know that if he started to fall I would follow close with the chair and she could just guide him into that chair if need be. She was very gratful for my presence. Anyway I get to the door and look in and see frames of arrowheads. They invited me in and showed me points he had found as a life long collector back in Idaho. She told me that when they first met he would take her on the hunts for dates. LOL I just wanted you all to know I met a fellow hunter his name is Don and he could use some healing prayers and good vibrations once I know him a little better I will ask if I can take some pictures. He and I talked briefly but I left because he seemed tired. I will not soon forget the smile on that man's face as he spoke of his hunts years ago back in the North West.
    Just so you all know I have only gone walking here like four times and I do not know why I did it today but I came upon them shortly after they had arrived home.It was almost as if I was sent there because I live on a circle road. Usually I walk left out of my driveway the lake is just three houses away in that direction . Today for some reason I went to the right.???

The wall with the paneling had some water damage to it and needed to get repaired. I had some stuff to do behind the bath tub too. The green thing is the tub surround back. Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	294451 Click image for larger version

Name:	bedroom1.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	294452 Click image for larger version

Name:	wy2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	294453
    Today I removed the rest of that sheet rock and the old window frames Originally I planed to just add a elctric recptical on the righ but the water damage was bad under the rock. You can see some of it in the upper left corner. I had the roof repaiered last week so I am confident the leaking is over with.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Hey Matt, It's good to see the new home is coming along. I pray that Don will recover soon and the two of you can share some good times together. Take care Buddy.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Good of you to help out your neighbors in need! Good deeds always come back around I think. Amazing that they happened to be fellow pointy rock collectors!? Maybe if you catch them on a better day y'all can have a nice chat, I'm sure you could tell them stuff they never knew and anytime you can talk with a old time collector its a good day...Hoping for better days for them.

I'm glad to see you still plugging along with your renovations and that house will be better than it ever was when your finished I'm sure. Way to go man!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

The place is coming right along bud! That’s cool of you to help the couple out, and a great way to make a friend, the universe works in mysterious ways
        call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

Fate. Synergy. Dude!
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Hoss that’s a great story . I think you not only have a new neighbor but a life long friend ...
            After he recovers I see holiday meals and cheerful times .
            When you are done with this house it’s goingvtibe brand

Comment

Woops going to be all nice and new . Just the way you want it.

Comment

Hey Matt. I can relate to the occasional restless night. Usually happens when I have a new writing assignment and my brain is itching to put words down on paper.
                in your case your house may have just been calling, or maybe some higher power was calling you to do just what you did.
                Motivational speaker Stephen Covey would say you just made a huge deposit into your emotional bank account. You may have made a friend for life and we would be interested in hearing more as your friendship develops. A heart-warming story.
                Child of the tides

Comment

Cool Picture Hoss and Prayer sent for Your Neighbor. omething just crossed My mind, He might know of a spot or 2 where You Guy's live now, never know.
                  http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Very neat story Hoss. Our thoughts are with your new friends.

Comment

Good story Hoss. We all have our aches and pains at times but then you run across something that puts things into perspective. The Lord moves in strange ways brother...you were supposed to be in that spot at that time. Good job on the house. I spent ten years of that on my first one...Rome wasn't built in a day...take care dude...
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Well done, both on the renovations and the helpful hand with the neighbor in need. I went back to look at the pictures before I replied and noticed something in picture #2.
                        Is that an exterior wall with the re framed window opening? The reason I ask is because I can see no insulation in the exposed wall.
                        Bruce
                        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
                          Hoss commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There is a small room behind that wall. It was a porch back in the day. That small room will be an office when I am finished. I have a lot more to do but will take it slower once my bedroom is complete.

Man, that's good "find" for you both.
                        cool story, good vibes!👍👍
                        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Bruce I was going to just put in a wire where I had cut the slot but noticed some old termite damage and removed a stud and while I was at it removed the sheet rock and the old window frames. It will have a nice clean finsh I just need to rest up for a few days before I dive back in. I still have to run wires and replace a short piece of stud in the righ side window. Click image for larger version  Name:	20180404_184241.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.5 KB ID:	294566
                          Last edited by Hoss; 04-04-2018, 11:21 PM.
                          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Being as that is a load bearing wall Matt, replacing rotten studs is a good call.
                            Bruce
                            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Hoss
                              Hoss commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Some of the studs in this house are actually Califonia Redwood On the left in the last pick you can see bark and the center stud between the windows is redwood. There are others too. I wish they were all redwood it would have kept the bugs out. They are making the room quite fragrant at this time.
                          Working...
                          X