My lands corner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My lands corner

This is a post for remberace please feel free to post thoughts. And those that you tribute to your love of artifacts.
    Let's start Loydd a rancher from the west a true cowboy, chewed tobacco and spit like a saiour. He did at one time lived the life off a hourse.
    a guy that made life happen, it was the first time I saw him take a nine iron golf club and tee off a rattle snake and said I would not get that close. A man that covered the bronco truck. with chew tobacco .
    he wore a broken down cowboy hat and called me boy. A true western figure.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Great story Boy ! LOL just kidding Chase I guess your friend chewed a lot of tobacco. Did he collect arrowheads? Here is a great tune to go with this post Chase .
    Last edited by Hoss; 07-25-2018, 07:56 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Scorpion68
      Scorpion68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Matt - Alan is one of my all time favorites and this song is the best.

My great great Uncle Roy. One of my favorite people ever. WW2 vet, heavy artillery gunner in France in 44-45. Soft spoken and didn't say much. Didn't drive, walked everywhere he went. Took the tracks and searched the fields along the way. Momma gave me his small collection when he passed. It was that collection that sparked my serious interest in arrowheads and artifact hunting.
    Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Chase - Anyone who drove a Bronco is a friend of mine. I still have mine and I'm still driving it. Great story and Matt provided an excellent music video by Alan Jackson to bring it home.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I really thought about this for a day trying to lay tribute to a fellow collector . But when it all boils down to it , it has to be the two men that shaped me . My Father and brother . Both of these men were single parents and that didn’t happen really in the 50’s .
        My Dad was also a WWII pilot living in a fox hole for 2 weeks at a time with just peanuts to eat .
        These men were both dedicated to their family. If not for growing up with 2 talented men I might not be hunting arrowheads . They both taught me to fish and hunt . Every sport under the sun . I can still remember my Dad dragging me out to a dirt field to throw a ball with my brother .
        Never complain ., always be your best and take care of each other . Amazing over the top work ethics and toughness made me the outdoors person I am today .
        Thanks Grandfather for leaving Russia and coming to America to make a better life for our family . And thank you to my Father, brother , best friends and mentors for teaching me to build a fire and take care of myself . To work to get what I want and never skip a beat or complain . The fortitude of the past needs to be relived .

Comment

Butch Cooper a man that we got together every Sunday to hunt. He had a bum eye from a child hood fork in the eye. One of the best hunters you my ever met.
          I first met him when I was 7 years old and thought I was a seasoned vet. There was not a thought of looking forward to those hunts.the hunt the laughter we had.
          looking at our show cases of hunts and all the stories.
          we will miss him always. Butch we took out pocket knives and cut slices of watermelon for water always a smile.he lookedat me me as a snot nosed kid and became a mutual respect.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
          X