My knee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My knee

Last week I had a bone scan on my right knee. It has been hurting bad for a while now. In 2011 I had a Total Knee Arthoplasty. ( New Joint) In 2016 I had a couple of scans done and they shot me up with contrast dye to make the pictures stand out more of my veins and my heart . I had no idea a person could be alergic to that stuff but it put some wicked mojo on me hurting and stiffening on all my joints. I was in bed for weeks after the shots. My right hand ring finger got cut off in 77 my right knee joint replaced in 2011. Both areas are places in my body where the bone was severed. Both areas have been swollen and painful since 2016 when they shot me with the dye. Now I find out that joint is failing early. The Orthopedic surgeon told me yesterday I need a revision of the original surgery . With no guarantee it will help. I am gonna get a second opinion because surgery sucks. Actually just being put to sleep in a room full of strangers and one has a knife kind of freaks me out. I am not asking for prayers or light beams, good vibes or anything else. I pray all the time and I know it works. I figure if Jesus can hear me why bother asking others to pray. If you feel a need to pray pray for our soldiers and service members safety. I am gonna be just fine. I just felt like putting it out there incase anyone wants to read about it.
    Last edited by Hoss; 09-03-2018, 07:51 PM.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

For sure get a second opinion. Hope u get to feeling better

Comment

I would go to 3 doctors Hoss . I made Wayne do it till he found the right guy for his shoulder .
      I still am a sissy and give into steroid injections for my hip .
      Just get other opions .

Comment

Hey Buddy, My best advice: Stay mean and continue to pray. A punching bag helps.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Fix is better than no fix! The best surgeons for revisions are usually the most expensive, don't take insurances, get sued more and are busiest. Few surgeons want to mess with complications and previous fails and who blames 'em? The best guys do. Modern surgery gets better every year and knee replacements and revisions are more common that ever. I see a lot of people who undergo these and I have not seen a "bad" result in years, not like back in the Day.. We want ya walkin' for a loooong time. Good luck Hoss.
          Professor Shellman
          Tampa Bay

Comment

Hey Hoss - I can't relate personally to the replacement surgery but I did have my knee cap removed years ago - not nearly the same. However, I've been with my wife for over 50 years and she's had both knees replaced, her shoulder and a hip replaced and 3 back surgeries for metal implants. I totally agree with 2nd and 3rd opinions. Now Hoss - if you think this damage is related to that dye they injected, I'd get an opinion on that as well. Surgeries aren't cheap as you well know and if this damage is in fact associated with the earlier treatment, they need to pay for the surgery and aftercare. I'm lucky we have Navy TriCare for life from my Naval service or I'd be in the poor house. Also - I'll put you in my prayers, along with all the Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, Airmen, Coasties, National Guard, Policemen, family, friends and neighbors. Like you said, it never hurts.
            Last edited by Scorpion68; 09-03-2018, 05:16 PM.
            Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Wow Matt hang tuff Ull be ok man...lots a artifacts to find..
              SW Connecticut

Comment

We spoke about this on Facebook Matt, so I won't get into it here.
                I did not give you a thumbs up because it would be inappropriate for this occasion.
                It would be nice if the choices were more akin to those on Facebook here you can share an emotion rather than a simple thumbs up.
                As I said earlier though we can lean on each other when we finally get to walk a field together.
                Bruce
                In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Matt, ditto on second & third opinions, but I’d like to go one step further & suggest one of them be a DO — doctor if osteopathy who practices prolotherapy. Osteopaths have made huge advances in the area of knee treatments. Prolo treatments have done wonders in recent years to eliminate or at least delay the need for surgery. I have seen remarkable results for 2 friends who thought surgery was their only option.

I wont go into the details because you can Google the subject yourself. I would investigate alternative treatments as part of your decision on how to proceed. PM me if you want to know more.
                  Child of the tides

Comment

My regular doctor is a DO she did not mention this to me. But she also was leaving UT physicians and starting a private practice 60 miles away. The day I talked with her about my knee was her last day in the local office. That in itself has left me in limbo.
                    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Havenhunter
                      Havenhunter commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Not all DOs do manipulation or have learned prolo. I think it would be worthwhile researching & finding one in your area or in Knoxville.

For sure get more opinions, and research the known results and odds when such surgery is concerned. I wish you the best of luck. I certainly am familiar with chronic pain. For years and years. It's under control now, and I never needed surgery, but it's just too detrimental on quality of life, so I hope you can put it in the rear view mirror without complications.
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Hey Matt. I understand what your dealing with. I have a hip that I know has to get carved on in the near future. I just gotta get the pics and get the fix. Whether ya like it or not good vibes/Godspeed and prayers comin your way brother...
                      The chase is better than the catch...
                      I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
                      X