Florence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florence

Now a Cat 3 hurricane, Florence has officially freaked us out here along the SE coast & Mid Atlantic. Once the evacuations begin it will be bedlam on the highways. The problem is trying to decide where & when to go. Previous storms have proven that just because you flee, doesn’t mean you’re going to be safe.

For all you members in SC, NC & my own VA, stay safe!!!
    Child of the tides

Having lived through several natural disasters I feel for all of you folks. I understand the feeling of helplessness against Mother Nature and her fury. Please take the utmost precautions to remain safe.
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Be safe Deb I would say come on over here but I have a full house at the moment.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Havenhunter
        Havenhunter commented
        Editing a comment
        From the projections I’ve seen, I will avoid the western part of both VA & NC. The potential for inland flooding is huge. What scares me the most are high winds.

Prayer for ya and everybody down south sister kicker...Red
      SW Connecticut

Comment

You beat me to it Deb . Anyone in North /SCarolina where is now the projected landfall hit ... it’s up to a Cat 4 and my prayers are out to all of you on the East coat all the way up to you Deb .
        Please be safe and leave if you can . Nothing you own is as valuable as your life ! Nothing 🙏

Comment

Don't worry, we'll be praying!
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Who here lives in the Carolinas and is evacuating ?prayers to you people .
            they say it’s going to stall inland . I cannot imagine .

Comment

I've been getting ready today I live in western NC and we are expecting possible catastrophic flooding. The ground is already saturated we have had record rains this year. I am actually going further east to Charlotte to make sure my folks are going to be ok. Charlotte is about 200 miles inland which was thought to be to far inland for Hurricanes until Hugo in 1989 which did billions in damage. I will never forget Hugo watching 200 year old oak trees fall like match sticks. We were out of power for a month. I am really worried for our folks on the coast I have lots of friends and family in Wilmington NC.
              N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

• Tam
                Tam commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw Charlotte on the list .

Just updated to Cat 4, possibly Cat 5. Whoever lives near the coast needs to evacuate.
              "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
                Kentucky point commented
                Editing a comment
                We need to remember that God has a reason for everything. Though we may not see it, and may even call it savage, He still has a plan. We just have to wait and see it unfold.

I live about 20 miles southwest of Charlotte, predicting up to 10 inches of rain for us. Wish me well guys.

Comment

Just found out this morning that my cousin is right near Cary, NC. My thoughts and prayers are with all you folks in her path.
                The chase is better than the catch...
                I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I pray everyone stays safe, and that their property is not damaged
                  South Dakota

Comment

Tam is right, no valuables are worth putting yourself in harms way. Strangely I've had roof damage from a hurricane here in Ohio. Hurricane Ike, or what was left if it. Went through lots of hassle with a contractor that was ripping people off. Big hassle at the time , but my point is...years later, I have forgotten all about that. Keep yourself safe first, deal with the damage later. All things pass.
                    Central Ohio

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Stellar advice! I just wish more people took it to heart.

As an insurance adjuster I would advise everyone in the area to take pictures. Take them in every room and of any valuables left behind. Take some detailed pictures. makes all the difference in the word. Be SAFE !
                    east Tx.

Comment

Thinking of you Deb 🙏

Comment

Working...
                      X