The "Camp fire"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Camp fire"

As all of you know, the wildfires n California are getting much worse. Many have lost their lives, and many more are still missing. CA officials dubbed this inferno, "the Camp Fire". Please pray for the survivors, the family members, The first responders and folks whom the fire hasn't reached yet.

Be safe, California.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The-campfire-in-Northern-California-is-deadly-in-the-state-as-the-death-toll-rises-to-42.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	332006
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

I saw a satellite image of that fire,it’s just awful ... Seems like they have been on fire for years... I don’t know what the answer to their situation is...
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Over here in the east, we generally have a steady amount of rain on a month to month basis. This means that the forest floor doesn't have time to get "tinder dry" as most desert environments do. We also sometimes do prescribed burning in some areas. In CA that is almost impossible due to the fact that it gets very dry over there. You can't do prescribed burning with bone dry grass or leaves everywhere. The slightest spark, or flame can wipe out entire counties within a weeks time. I really don't know what the solution is. My idea would be for the environmentalists to give in just this once, and start clearing out danger areas of the forest floor. That would be a great job for the homeless folks and drug addicts over there. Give them a job, get the druggies away from their vice, and do the woods and people a favor!

That almost look's like a lost cause, terrible.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Only 25% contained.

It is very bad I have a friend that lives near Sacramento she sent me pictures of the smoke hanging in the air. She is 100 miles away from that fire and the smoke is unbelievable near her. I hope Dennis is OK I think he is near that area too.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      Prayers going up for all thse affected by this.

About halfway down this page, there is an 8+ minute video entitled "A California nurse and wildfire survivor recounts her escape". It's the most harrowing description of what it was like fleeing certain death in the Camp fire that I have so far heard:

"They definitely didn't do enough," said Christina Taft, whose 67-year-old mother has been missing since last week.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
    X