Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	336072 Click image for larger version

Name:	54cb7a4a28644_-_george-hw-bush-0111-lg.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	336073
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

He shouldn’t of made it after being shot down. And, to be rescued by a sub afterward ? The captain of the sub had guts to surface to get him out of the sea ! The Lord was with him all through his life! The only reason he didn’t do two terms as commander in chief, is that, he was never full of BS. They say he was ready to leave as soon as Barbara passed.. Salute !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Ya know LM - it seems like all the people I know, who have long term marriages to the same person, usually don't last long after one passes. Just an observation. Pres Bush was an exemplary Sailor, serving his country in war and peace. God rest his soul and bless his family.
        Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
          Lindenmeier-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          He was a extremely brave young man.... That’s true about life long marriage , people have to work at it..I remember a movie Shannandoa I think it was, where Jimmy Stewart had a daughter that a young man wanted to marry. In the movie the young man said he loved .Stewart’s character told the the young man that he knew he loved her..His next question was , “ Do you like her ?” I think that’s a relevant part of marriage ... My family have been lucky in times of war,lots of medals Purple Hearts bronze and silver, I have medals here that go back to the Spanish /American ...We’ve always made it back home...My son after 911 was determined to join the Navy.. I told him wait a minute, you’ve not been in trouble...Try the USCG..
          I thought that he wouldn’t be in harms way, that family luck might not hold rolling the dice , so to speak.
          Wrong ! In boot camp at Cape May first day sand bagging against a impending hurricane ...First tour Alameda CA. On the CG flagship (Sherman ) as a fireman.they took off to S America in interdiction , he was flight landing fire fighting crew for the chopper..They wasted a lot of drug mules around the golapgos islands.. Off toA school, near Newport News. Number 1 as Elect mate 18 yrs old.. Then to Galveston. Here comes Rita and Katrina .. They ship into the storms.. Oh well etc etc..You know the routine..Anyway he got out took full advantage of GI bill..
          Some day I’ll pull out some of the family medals, the really old ones are elaborate, I’ll take pics and post..
          Wife’s dad Earl drove Sherman tank for Patton, nearly made it to Berlin but took a bullit in back from sniper. He was the tank driver. His album is really something to see/ read...

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Chuck there is a statistic . 1-2 years .
          My father was one . Not long term but love of his life second wife .

• Jethro355
          Jethro355 commented
          Editing a comment
          Drug mules in the Galapagos?🥺

I always respected and admired that man...statesman all the way...
        The chase is better than the catch...
        I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Good man KP. He was raised in Connecticut....no surprise about his character! So now. You got Joey Logano.. Bush...Me...Matt Dorso.......etc. etc.etcl...hahaha.....I just checked out that pic if you in the knapping shed.... you look just like Bush in that young photo of him ..dang
          Last edited by redrocks; 12-05-2018, 03:53 PM.
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Probably the most qualified president ever!
            Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

I've met George W . Nice man. I flew with Barbara Bush once .She was on a commercial flight to Columbia SC. She seemed like she would be hoot to be around .She was a super nice lady .
              South Carolina

Comment

Thank you Ethan for posting this . Yes he certainly was a great man and lived a very full life , served our country in so many ways .
                What a great family with yes such a long term marriage .

Comment

My Eagle Scout congratulatory letter from Reagan was signed by both Bush(vp) and Reagan(potus)
                  i thought a lot of the man. Very long and distinguished career in service of this country.

i worked on his locomotive (UP4141) many times, and we shipped it out with a quickness Saturday morning...had been in storage here for about 12 years.

if you are into trains, a quick google search will show some pretty awesome pics and probably a few videos. It was like him, truly one of a kind.
                  Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I am an avid railfan! I have seen a few pictures before. What is your railroad job?

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m technically an Electrician, though I’ve had many jobs. I sometimes work assets protection, research and development, and my favorite has been safety training. Right now I rebuild and align rotating components. Mostly I couple the 17k pound main generator to the 38k lb. 16 cylinder engine, and then Align them so they don’t destroy each other when running. It’s a great job.

Wanted to add video and pictures I took today in Tomball, TX.......thanks for all the memories, Rest In Peace George H W Bush 41, Thank You for all your service Mr. President!!!!!!!

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you would like, feel free to share them!

• Jmhansard
                    Jmhansard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sorry, file size is too large, smh even with the still pics

• Jmhansard
                    Jmhansard commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Please send me a pm and I’ll send directly to you if that’s okay with you

Sorry it’s telling me the file size is too large 😖, I’m able to send to friends and family

Comment

• Kentucky point
                    Kentucky point commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Usually file sizes are too large to upload immediately to the forum. I use a photo editor to resize mine. There are some really cheap editors out there to help you do this, because if you ever wanted to post a pic of a find, then you wouldn't be able to without resizing them.

The first one is from inside the Funerary Car...touching photo...

Comment

• Jethro355
                    Jethro355 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or the second one....silly pics loaded backwards.

Or silly guy doesn’t know what he’s doing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro355 View Post
                    The first one is from inside the Funerary Car...touching photo...
                    Those are very touching photos. It is a beautiful train, and a superb tribute to Bush 41.
                    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
                    X