June 6th, 1944 D-Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 6th, 1944 D-Day

As the soldiers in the troop carrier boats neared the shore, they knew most were not going to make it. The doors to the carriers went down, and immediately many began to die, as the bullets ripped through the opening of the carriers. The Germans were based on a fortified hill, covered with barb wire, and obstacles for landing troops. Pill boxes, huge concrete machine gun positions, dotted the hills, raking the beaches with an un-worldly amount of fire. Bullets zipped, pinged, smashed and whizzed through the air, into flesh, and into bone.

Men lay strewn out on the beaches, some without arms, legs, or any body at all, bleeding, screaming, pleading to God, and dying on the beach. Men drowned in the water because many couldn't swim, and especially not with all of the gear they were carrying. The wounds were ghastly. Men without limbs, were crawling toward the gunners on the hill. Some had their insides laying beside them, as they looked up at the sky, and death. The ocean for a while was red, with the blood of American troops. Against all odds, the American troops cleared the hills, clearing the Pill Boxes one by one. After the battle, Germany couldn't face a war on both sides of them. The end was near, for Hitler, the SS, and the Nazi's.

Without the men of D-Day, the world as we know it, would never be the same. Thank you, to those who served.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2WEUKA6QOYZZLCYAMKJ643RCWM.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	371145

Click image for larger version

Name:	Olson-1-Omaha-Beach-US-Coast-Guard-Dept-of-Defense-photo-600px.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	371146
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Very well written Ethan... Click image for larger version

Name:	veterans day.png
Views:	200
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	371216
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

TY Ethan.. This is why we should look back, even back to the early times of man. Will the human race ever learn ? Maybe with finding the thousand year old tools, we long for a more simple life. I know that I do ! History always proves that destruction is easy, and fast. Times of war, fathers bury their sons, times of peace sons bury their fathers.. Let there be peace.
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
      X