My family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family

My family could use a few prayers. I hate to ask for help, or show a spotlight on our situation, but for four years, I kept quiet.

My dad is a kidney transplant patient. He had Kidney cancer before his operation, and that's the only reason they knew about it. After the transplant, he has to take these medicines to keep his body from rejecting the kidney. HOWEVER, those medicines are affecting his mind, and well being. He is constantly falling asleep, due to one vital med he's on, and sometimes he gets irritable, depressed and melancholy.

He was a firefighter for over 30 years in Virginia, and before that he has a spotless work record. We applied for social security because we are a very low income family. He has been denied twice now. Because of the whole situation, my mom and dad are constantly at odds. My mom has become a different person. A habitual drinker, and now a cusser, I am not sure what happened. None of them ever used to be like this. My brother, bless his heart, has been chipper throughout the whole thing.

I on the other hand have become a different person myself. I am becoming more aimless, and pointless as it goes on, and dare I say depressed, but I am chipper on occasion. The happy KP you are used to seeing on the forum, is happy, but only when I login to here, or if I am doing something productive. Y'all have become my friends, and whether y'all know it or not, y'all have kept me company and helped me socially.

Like I said, I hate coming out with this info.

I'm sorry I dumped my lifes problems here, but we could use a prayer or two. Thanks.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Hey Ethan, First I pray for you and your family. Stay strong for yourself and for the ones you love.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

I am sorry to hear that, I truly hope everything turns around for the best for you and your family.
      South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

KP I will be sending prayers for you and your family were here for ya.
        N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Chin up bud, but make sure you have at least one eye on the ground... Thoughts and prayers for you and yours, Try to keep a positive mind and don’t spend to much time/thought on things out of your own control.

Comment

My prayers go out to you and your family.
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I feel for you and your family. I'm sorry to hear that y'all are having to struggle. If you need to talk or vent or anything, you can message me.
              Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

Good you reached out to us Ethan because we are all family too. Not much any of us can do for you directly but we are all here for you and always willing to listen and talk. All of this must be extremely hard for you but it sounds like you and your brother are now the foundation of your family. Keep the faith, keep the love.
                Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hang on Ethan. Work to make it the best it can be. If you have to....fake it til you make it. Smile, Buddy. It is not always gonna be like this.
                  Professor Shellman
                  Tampa Bay

Comment

Ethan be strong and try not to let this rough spot in life get you down ,things will get better.
                    Wyoming

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Flintknapping makes my mind let go. I have good fun, knapping.

I know how ya feel there Ethan... I felt like you when they shut down the sitcom : Joanie loves Chachi : Prayers going up !
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
                      Lindenmeier-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I know it’s tough Ethan. It’s ok to be upset. Don’t be afraid to give your opinion about drinking and such. I know it’s her out but it’s only temp. Your dad should receive disability benefits and you and your brother are entitled too. Paul below is right. I’m not sure why our government is sooo hard on citizens and so liberal to invaders. Does not make sense. Stand strong and speak up to truth to your family.
                      Last edited by Lindenmeier-Man; 08-14-2019, 09:01 AM. Reason: Sp

Ethan, Email me at pkfrey@hotmail.com. If it's a matter of income that's causing all this disorder, I can not directly get you the help, but I can help you go through the proper channels. Your dad should be receiving disability, not SS. And that pays a little more than normal SS. It depends on his age. But with the kidney transplant and other symptoms, you have the medical records necessary to receive disability. This will all be stressful and anxiety ridden and I know it's not fun, I've been there. There are agencies to reach out to who will help. One thing that might help is, your family has to stop being at odds with each other. You have to get together, with your mom in the middle, and talk about the solutions. Your all going in different directions, maybe because your stuck and don't know what to do. You can't deal with this while being so stressed out, you need to get some mental focus back in your families life, so let me know via email what's going on, and I'll help you anyway I can.
                    http://www.ravensrelics.com/

Comment

• CMD
                      CMD commented
                      Editing a comment
                      With the right doctors on your side, and an SSDI attorney, if you have not tried all this with the help of an SSDI attorney, that may offer a better chance of being approved for SSDI. One of my loved ones was approved for SSDI the first time, because of an experienced doctor who knew how to word things in a way that made denial very difficult.

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      And there lies the problem of living in the hills of Kentucky. Nobody like that exists around here unless you go to Cincinnati, or Lexington, and even there, it's slim pickins'.

• Lindenmeier-Man
                      Lindenmeier-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Listen to Paul and Charlie... They are being straight up ! The SS people are full of BS, it’s their job.

I’ve never been in a forum before, except for those involving my profession. I don’t know really what I’m doing, but it’s clear to me some of you know each other well, even if just thru forum. You are important, KentuckyPoint. I am not young, and I am not unfamiliar with life’s adversities. I was raised to be stoic, but I was also raised to know we need each other. There is great strength found in numbers, and humans have greatest strength of all. I think you have a wealth of available experience in this forum, and I am glad you know that and reached out.

Time, time, time.... and a little help from your friends.
                    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I am very stoic, and that's why for four years I've contemplated asking for a prayer or two. I just decided that many heads are better than four.

Ill keep your family in my thoughts!! Hope everything works out for you man, life can be crazy..

Go check out that furnace with a detector !!
                    Atlanta , GA

Comment

• Kentucky point
                      Kentucky point commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I almost went behind the furnace...instead I chose "picket hill" where they would have placed guards. Found some square nails, and a chigger nest, lol! I'll get back out there one day.

KP ill put ya on the prayer list at church. Hopefully he'll get disability...amyoneowho was a firefighter for thirty yrs sure deserves it ...Peace ....Red
                    SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
                    X