No announcement yet.

My family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You’re to young for that type of stress I hope you can pull through these tough times you are experiencing in your life right now and if it gets to bad you can build something like a stone porch I know it made me feel better looking at something I know I made myself. Best of luck Ethan
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Not stressed, just annoyed. I am a "manly man" (oh brother) that doesn't like to show signs of weakness.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      My father left our family when I was 12 I had to find work to help my mom pay the bills. I mowed and pulled weeds till I was old enough to get a real job. It’s hard on the kids so you just be the man but at the same time be yourself as much as you can.

Coming from a broken family myself Ethan I can tell you that life has no guarantees my friend. All you and your brother can do is be positive and help wherever and whenever possible.
    Stay happy and be your self.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Ethan, I read this post yesterday and I have had your family on my mind. First, I'm sorry you and your brother are going thru these trials. We don't get choose our circumstances when we are kids. My mom was a drinker and terribly manic and made my childhood horrible. But I persevered and grew up not knowing what I wanted to be but I had definite knowledge of what I didn't want to be. Enough of that.

I think if you dad is applying for disability, it's common to be denied twice. There's a coup!e of things you could try. Contact your Senator or Representative from your area and ask for help. Explain that your family cannot afford an attorney and basically beg for help. The second thing, if your county has a Council on Aging, contact them as well. They can give you advice. An attorney would be best. Certainly he should qualify.

The third is ...was your dad a paid firefighter? If he contributed to a state retirement fund he may be eligible for benefits there as well as long as he didn't withdraw his retirement. I think there could be some benefits for volunteer firefighters as well. I'm going to check on that for you.

Most importantly, I will call you out by name in my prayers for your family. Hang in there. Life will not always be like this. God bless! PM me if you ever need to talk.
      South Carolina

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        He was paid. He was an airforce firefighter, then he joined Dulles Airport as a firefighter, EMT and ambulance driver. He was at the Pentagon on 9/11, and he had a job too gruesome to even write here. He gets quiet on the anniversary.

Keep your chin up kid. Its hard now, and it may get harder before it gets better. Someday it will get better. Take great joy in the little things... in our prayers.
      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

I don't do much praying but your in my thoughts I hope things turn around for you and family .

Comment

Kentucky point , Your family will be in my prayers. Here is a link for free legal aid for Carter county Kentucky that handles social security disability cases and how to see if you qualify , hope this helps ... https://lablaw.org/benefits

Comment

Hey KP, I sent a message but it was to long .
            this is not forever like Tom said .
            Please help you Dad get on disability .
            Its your time now .
            contact your Fathers trusted co-workers that you know for advise .

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Will do as soon as I get better. I was fine yesterday, and then I got slammed with some kind of sickness today. Not even felling like moving.

KP
            sending prayers your way brother..you're one of the coolest down to earth guys on this forum and Iappreciate all the help and knowledge you've shared with me..we're lucky to have you on here bro!

Comment

Hey Ethan. First off my heart goes out to you and your family. Your current situation and I say current is a tough one young fella. I'm glad that you posted your story because many people today just dont know what life looks like through other peoples eyes and they assume. I have dealt with addictions in my family...two cousins that are close like brothers. There are many clichés but I wont bother. Ethan you are a very bright young fella. I know you have what it takes to make it...you will. Your gonna get through this. A country boy can survive!!!
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
            X