Weather related !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weather related !

Here in the Texas Panhandle we’ve been suffering from drought. A few prayers for a couple inches of rain from the Lord above would be much appreciated ! I water every day but with temps in the hundreds F, others and I are losing. I’m not complaining about my lawn, we need help for our Agricultural producers...JJ
    Lubbock County Tx

Are you on a well ? We are and the drought years are scary I have two wells and storage .

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Lindenmeier-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Nearly all our water comes from the Ogallala aquifer, from wells. We are in the desert ....

Hope your area gets rain soon. We got 3 inches in the past 24 hours. That's the first measurable rain here in six weeks. It is scary when it gets so dry.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      We need that here Jo...

When I was a kid, we lived in Amarillo. We had prairie dogs and tumble weeds, which us kids used to make our “forts”, but absolutely no grass. The wind was always strong, and sometimes couldn’t see in front of you for whirling dust. Didn’t own a raincoat or umbrella, but sure did have little stringed cowboy hat and different-colored bandanas to wear over face.. I have strong memories, and none included rain. Will send prayers.....
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      I know I could never eat all of it Red, there are about 20 winners names on the wall. I’d think a person would have to be someone like the hot dog eating champ !

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      How big is. It?

• redrocks
      redrocks commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh yeah that hit dog guy aint normal....hes nit a big dude

Wow brother man...hope you get rain soon...thats serious.....prayers man
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Now I know you like the heat my friend . But yes I will put you my on list for water tonight .

Comment

I think most states go through the drought once every 10 years or so. It’s been 10 years for this part of Georgia since our last and each summer it gets hotter building up for one I do believe. Hopefully yours won’t last long idk how you keep your home cool ac man told me that the units are made for any temps above 91 degrees and to set it at 80 or it would run for ever. 80 is still warm in a house
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Wife runs AC at 69 F. I have to turn my heated blanket on at night.. I stay outside most of the time....

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      My wife runs hot also I go to the basement a lot cause it’s warmer down there

sending prayers for a rainmaker
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hopefully you got the cool front like we did dropping down to the 80s next week in north Georgia
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Just got a big down pour knocked the satellite out

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      No rain yet. The forecast for tomorrow and Monday is for 107 F

Dang sorry man we have had 110 degree days before but not so far this year the 104 has been the highest. It’s just not fair heat in the summer and ice in the winter. Hope it gets better soon for you
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Ice age, or oversized furnace. I would rather roast in Georgia, than freeze in Maine, in my opinion.

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      I like cold better but not that kind of cold

Cloudy outside , we’ve prolly got 1/4” of rain so far today ! The air smells great !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      I did that! Last night was reading weather reports for Tx panhandle, saw those thunderheads moving closer, so did rain dance! Wonder how my mom’s willow tree is doing these days.... gosh, she planted that little wisp long time ago. If it survived, be big ole tree now, enjoying the rain!

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be more coming with the storm heading towards Florida. Creeks here needs a good flood I’ve cleaned most of them out already.

• Lindenmeier-Man
      Editing a comment
      Thanks gang !
Working...
X