9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11

Today is the anniversary. Of the horror in new york and washington and pennsylvamia 18 yrs ago..lets remember those that died and the rescuers anf their families...and remember what it means to be free....i was working here in new haven connecticut doing electrical work in a phone company building....when we saw the planes hit the building on tv in the cafeteria at coffee break ..we went up to the roof. In the 14th floor. And saw two. Stacks of smoke going up into the sky....some 70 miles away....not gonna forget that
    Last edited by redrocks; 09-11-2019, 10:45 PM.
    SW Connecticut

Amen
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I will never forget that day. I worked in Manhattan a lot back then. I happened to be in SC that day but was scheduled to fly back to NY. I was back in NY when air traffic opened back up. I will never forget looking back thru the back glass of the car and seeing that large steel beam that is so iconic with the pictures of ground zero and all the smoke. It was and remains one of the most moving experiences of my life.
      South Carolina

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        I fell in love w/NYC while in restaurant “Windows on the World” at tippy top towers.

• Josie
        Josie commented
        Editing a comment
        I miss NYC. It took me many years to say that. But now, I only go for fun. I love the energy in NYC.

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Will pm you about my greatest love affair ever.....with City Never Sleeps!

Nice post Redrocks .. watched the specials .
      Being 6 hours different in time being in Hawaii my step daughter woke me up and said Dad called and watch the TV . May be at war.
      Being on an island there is a constant flow of airplanes always flying low from early in the morning to 10pm .
      the first thing I noticed was not one plane in the air . That was a strange feeling .
      Pearl Harbor pulled out all the ships . They were going out to sea and that was something to watch .

Comment

Thanks...Wow Tam .I guess you wont forget that day either. I bet watching those ships was something

​​​
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir

I just noticed this post.

I wasn't born yet, but my dad was at the Pentagon all day putting out the fire, then he volunteered all night to tag bodies, or what was left of them. It was a rough time, and to this day, he still won't talk about it.
        "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• redrocks
          redrocks commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow kp. Thats gotta be tuff on your dad....hes a good man
      Working...
      X