Strange Weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Weather

I can't remember ever having 60 degree days in January let alone thunderstorms like what is going on tonight. Yesterday was 60 mph gusts and rain, trees being blown down along with it. Just on the other side of the river lots of damage but my side nothing so might of been a small tornado. They are saying flood watch for the next 3 days. Maybe you can share your weather I live in NW GA.
    NW Georgia,

8+ “ of rain since Christmas. More on the way

Comment

Felt like spring time here all weekend. 70 degrees on Saturday. The wind we got the other night made me worry a little with the ground saturated like it is with all the big trees around the house here. Kind of made me cringe from time to time when those big gusts would come through.. Stay safe out there!
      keep on keepin after

Comment

Originally posted by SGT.Digger View Post
        8+ “ of rain since Christmas. More on the way
        Not sure how many inches we have gotten but I know the creek is up about 4 ft and going higher after this week. I've been bored so painting the inside walls. Not my favorite chore by the way.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

I heard you guys were getting storms
          South Dakota

Comment

Our house was hit pretty hard Saturday. Over 100 mph winds and tornado come through at 3 a.m. I recently replaced our shingled roof to an industrial metal roof that was blown completely off the back of our house and is now halfway across the field. The tops out of some pine trees in the yard are stuck in the ground like spears all around the house and field. Damaged some of the vehicles also. We were lucky enough to avoid injury and all these things are repairable or replaceable so I’m thankful. Ashley’s mom did not fare so well though. She lost her home and car to the tornado. Unfortunately she had no insurance. It is really bad down here right now. So many light poles broken with power lines in the road. Trees through houses everywhere you look. It’s truly a disaster. I have never seen anything like it.
            SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              I am so sorry to hear this . Late getting on here

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              What county are you in ? Town ?

• Artifascination
              Artifascination commented
              Editing a comment
              We are in Chicot county Lake Village Arkansas

I liked your response but only cause you're family wasn't hurt. That sounds really bad hate to hear of your loss. I just had 5 big trees removed that were tall enough to fall and hit my house. They were old and we have these wood bees that eat a kill pine trees. Glad I had them removed last month.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

WOW I guess i will stop complaining about the sub zero weather and all the snow now.
              Michigan Yooper
              If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                You can keep your Alaskan winters

Lots of rain and a small F0 tornado not too far to the east of me Saturday night. I thought nothing but rain, checked the radar, looked fine. Found out the next morning the tornado was one county over and petered out as it got to me. 71 degrees Saturday. Felt strange walking around in a T shirt.
              Central Ohio

Comment

I think in the past 6 weeks, we have had about 20 inches of rain. It's really wet here and creeks are out of the banks in some places. Some roads are closed temporarily until the creeks drop. But the really strange thing....I'm not far from turning the A/C back on. It's stuffy and humid.
                South Carolina

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I was thinking about that yesterday while I was painting, actually had a sweat bead across my forehead

Well, sorry about to much rain wind and so on. As for me ? I love the global warming !
                Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I live in southern Indiana and we have a small Ski resort called Paoli Peaks. When I was a kid and teenager in the 90's we always had snow on the ground and the Ski lodge could stay open 5 months and they made their own snow also. Now they do good to stay open 1-2 months tops and we may only get couple of snowfalls a year now. Thats just something I go by to explain our weather here. Pretty drastic change over 25 years.

Comment

• clovisoid
                    clovisoid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Paoli Peaks, I learned how to ski there in the 80s. I'm from the northern side of Indiana and you used to see snowmobiles all winter long. (I remember going to McDonald's on a snowmobile.) It's kind of a wasted item now a days because you might only get a couple of weekends of use unless you want to haul them up to Michigan.

Had another 1.5” early this am. Also noticed the mushrooms are out because of milder weather think I’m going hunting tomorrow. I found these today. These are over 6” wide. Had trouble identifying them so not eating em. Didn’t have time to pull out my mushroom books.

Comment

Good luck maybe you will find a nice bunch of them
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Old winter is coming back starting Sunday night.
                      NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                      X