No announcement yet.

A Tribute Walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss Marshall. I'm sure you have wonderful memories to help you move forward. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
    South Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie amazing how many wonderful memories we had together!

My condolences.

Sadness eventually fades and eventually we are left with memories. It sounds like you have plenty of warm, positive memories of both your pops and your pooch.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you clovisoid if there is one thing that I have enjoyed these last two days is our family sharing those warm positive memories.

Some really moving responses given. Sorry for your loss
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SurfaceHunter we are lucky to have such a great place on the web with wonderful caring people!

So sorry for your losses Marshall, I wish you and your family the best during this difficult time. I'm sure getting out in the field helps ease your mind and I'm know your lost loved ones were there with you in spirit.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josh I still look at the points you gave me often we are lucky to have you here!

• Kyflintguy
      Kyflintguy commented
      Editing a comment
      Likewise Marshall, the big tooth is my go to for wowing the kids, it always works! We are all blessed here on Ah.com to have each other... I doubt you'll find very many other online communities were the bonds made are as tight, through both the good and the bad. I'm proud to be apart of it.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Getting out for a hunt is a good way to pay tribute and to help relax the mind.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks flintguy I did a short walk today it put my mind at ease. I found a very broken Savannah but I was sure thrilled to find it.

Looks like y’all had one heck of a fishing trip. There’s only one thing that’s worthwhile for keeping your head up and thats to see the Lord coming in the clouds of glory to take his children home. Until then keep your head down( looking for points) and honor your dad’s memory every time your out in nature ,but your eyes ever focused on the day you will be reunited. The blessed Hope. May God bless you and your family.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks SGT I really appreciate it. That trip was a very memorable and special trip.

I don’t have any pretty words to help with this. The loss of a companion/dog is devastating, and the loss of a Parent is 1,000x worse. My dog helped me through the tough times after I lost my Mom, I can’t imagine losing the, both so close together.
    my thoughts and prayers are with you, Sugaree.
    Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!! You have an awesome way with your words I really appreciate your support.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad Marshall. God will comfort those who are in sorrow, and bring peace! My dad was instrumental in my love of the outdoors too. Great memories. I’m sorry about your dog too. They become family members as well. God Bless your family.
    South Dakota

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Friend I really appreciate it!

Marshall I'm so very shocked to hear about your recent losses. Your father made me feel like I was part of your family in just an hour. His sense of humor was inviting and brother man... I'm sure he will be greatly missed! We shall share a drink soon in honor of both of your best friends.
    North Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      I would love that friend! I know he really enjoyed meeting you.

Sorry about your dad. Not much i can say, it really sucks. every time i go hiking i catch myself talking in my head to my dad like he was with me. It seems to help quite a bit in getting through it at least for me. Sorry again hope things get better for you.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Kaleb!

Prayers to you and your family .

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you south fork!

That's awful tough, Sugaree.

So sorry for your losses.

Hang in there...

California

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tom!

Marshall, I, too, am saddened to hear about the loss of your father and your 4 legged family member. I apologize for being so late to reply but I just noticed this thread. I read the expressions of sympathy from the other members so I can't say anything better than what has already been said but you have my most sincere sympathy. I'm glad that the good folks on our forum can be part of your support during these sad days. I'm reminded of what my mother, who had a strong personal relationship with God, said to me a few months before she passed of terminal cancer and I was overcome with grief after being told of her prognosis. She said, " Don't feel so sad son this, too, will pass and I will be fine and so will you". I know that you will be fine, too.

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Joe I'm blessed with a great wife and son to help out. We are so lucky to have like minded folks on this forum who care y'all are a great group!

Just saw this .
    so sorry for your loss ..sounds like it was a great road with these two family members .

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Tam! We had an awesome journey together.

O, Sugaree.

I break my promise to self just to look, listen, and learn now.
    Must tell you story my father, my dogs. Wherever I lived, brought my dogs home to Georgia, to my dad, when they were old or sick. They were Jethro, Simon, Mary, Nigel. I drew doodle-pictures of them, and my dad would write epitaphs like “best dog,” and “smartest dog” on my doodles, and put on fridge. Put pictures on your fridge.

Every day pain be more tolerable.
    Last edited by Cecilia; 02-03-2020, 01:04 PM.
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Cecilia my fridge is full of dog pictures!
Working...
X